Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Global Posts
    1,317 Global Posts
    Sorry but lock screen indicators + toasts are something both iPhone & Android already have. I want a pull-down time-sorted list of missed toasts like they have. They lock screen + live tiles is not a substitute for that.
    On the one hand we don't 100% know that they didn't... it's just unlikely.

On the other hand I want one as an option but I haven't exactly struggled not having it. I actually do believe lock screen + tiles IS a nice substitution. It's just a different mindset, and I chose to adapt until the time I get what I want.

I agree with GT2L, we don't know 100% everything yet.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i'm just disappointed that they couldn't at least get the signal strength indicator to remain permenantly fixed at the top

I also feel this feature is missing from WP. I actually did a concept about one way to fix it a while ago:

Windows Phone notification central (CONCEPT) : My Nokia Blog

I tried to create a solution that would mess with Metro UI as little as possible.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    Again? Misleading title?
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

We don't know if it has failed yet as WP8 is still an unknown.
    Also, Id imagine that it could be implemented easily via an over the air update, so Im not too concerned..

I wouldn't mind a tick box option for the Me Tile notifications. You simply tick the notifications you want to receive for that tile.

• Toast Alerts
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    threed61 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Yo, scew it. I dont even need a notification center [I would really really like one though], but please make the toast notifications stay up until dismissed! Having to make a mad dash to your phone when you hear a notification sound is maddening.

I really think something in the core of the code is screwed up for notifications. The ME tile is flaky at best. And I haven't seen a Facebook notification in about two weeks, even though when I open the app, I see them.

The Me tile was wonky for me for a while, but it was fixed a few weeks ago. Everything has been fine since then.

I'm wondering how necessary one master notification center will be when we will have smaller tiles. You could fit all the necessary live tiles into one view.

^^ Yeah, I find the whole notification system on WP a little off at times. It's one of the biggest things I hope they address in Wp8.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    I saw the lockscreen had more notifications on it
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Would there be any downsides to them essentially taking Harmattan's left home screen, ie turning the Me tile into a home screen to the left of the tiles?

Of course, they'd have to open it up to integration a bit more, would like third party apps to plug in (as an example, you might use app.net and Microsoft isn't likely to bother integrating that themselves).

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Sorry but lock screen indicators + toasts are something both iPhone & Android already have. I want a pull-down time-sorted list of missed toasts like they have. They lock screen + live tiles is not a substitute for that.
    So isn't this where some industrious programmer can come in and create a nifty app for the WP8 store and charge $1.50 or so for it?

We can complain that its not part of the system, but I'd say the best way for MS to see they should include it is for them to see a Notification Center app sell well in their store.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    So isn't this where some industrious programmer can come in and create a nifty app for the WP8 store and charge $1.50 or so for it?
    Apps don't get that kind of access. Either impossible or incredibly hacky.

Global Posts
    1,747 Global Posts
    You mean sliding left to get to notifications? I think a left slide is for the new 'Kid Zone'

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Swiping to the left on the lock screen gives you the "Kids Corner" screen. Windows Phone 8 to get new “Kid’s Corner” parental control feature | LiveSide.net
    Quote Originally Posted by TK093 View Post
    You mean sliding left to get to notifications? I think a left slide is for the new 'Kid Zone'

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    In all honesty, BlackBerry does one thing right with their notifications. It has a big, old school LED that blinks when you have a new message. It can be customized to blink different colors or patterns based on whether it is for a missed call, or an email or text, etc. as well as by who the person sending the message. It's hard to miss when it's blinking so even if I miss the sound or vibration, I can see the LED blinking in my pocket later and check what's up.

Also, the LED can be disabled if not wanted or at night.
    3migo likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,361 Global Posts
    I don't see why MS couldn't allow, for phones that have back lit buttons at the bottom, to make the buttons flash when a missed call, and, etc. Came through.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Global Posts
    2,092 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I don't see why MS couldn't allow, for phones that have back lit buttons at the bottom, to make the buttons flash when a missed call, and, etc. Came through.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Yeah, I thought of that awhile back, but has anyone ever suggested it to that WP Feature Suggestion site?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Notifications are huge for me. WP8 better make the lock screen useful.

I thought custom hubs would allow you to create notification centers for different groups of apps...

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    would it be so hard to have an app called "Notifications"? i'd pin it small to the homescreen, and hopefully it would have a live tile showing the # of notifications I missed. dammit...
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!
    3migo likes this.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Swiping to the left on the lock screen gives you the "Kids Corner" screen. Windows Phone 8 to get new “Kid’s Corner” parental control feature | LiveSide.net
    So who seriously thinks "Kids Corner" deserves such priority? A tile would serve the exact same purpose, whereas notifications really do need the extra space.
    3migo likes this.

The purpose of a "Kids Corner" is likely to give kids access to certain apps and games, while denying them access to most of the phone. The lock screen would still be active, denying kids access without a password. But a swipe would still let them have access to apps and games of the parent's choosing.

Having it as an app would remove that layer of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    So who seriously thinks "Kids Corner" deserves such priority? A tile would serve the exact same purpose, whereas notifications really do need the extra space.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast