WP8 E-Mail File Types & Transfer

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I apologize if this has been discussed but I have not seen anything regarding the abilility of WP8 to download and transfer filetypes other than the traditional images, office docs, and pdfs. Here is my scenario. Back when I was using WM 6.5 and working on projects in the field, I was able to receive AutoCAD drawings (*.dwg files) on my phone, save them to the phone and transfer them to my laptop by either bluetooth or USB. I could then edit the drawings as necessary, transfer to my phone as both a *.dwg and *.pdf, and send out via e-mail for approval, review, or comment. With WP7(.5) I lost this ability. Can anyone confirm whether or not WP8 will allow me operate similarly to the older WM 6.5 days? I realize that this may not be a common thing to do, but it sure was very useful. I also recognize that the mobile hotspot feature could be enabled and I could my phone that way, but I give Verizon enough of my money already and would like to avoid that.

Thanks,
Dave

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Well, not sure but WP7 can't even email PDF. Honestly, if WP8 can't do the same, it might end up being a dealbreaker for me (I expect it to be included, but you never know). I have to email PDFs back and forth all the time at work, and it's ridiculous I can't do it on my phone.

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
saving files in general will be a deal breaker for me. I need to be able to download files from websites and emails. I need them saved to my phone where I can access them anytime I need to (Not just temporarily view them and have them disappear later) so I can transfer them to my computer and vise versa. The phone needs to act more like a storage device with expandable memory. This OS has been out two years now and I've been with it since the beginning, but if these simple changes don't happen now with WP8, then I'm heading back to android, which I'd honestly hate to do.

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy my HTC Trophy and it has been nothing but reliable and, for the most part, a joy to use. That being said, what Microsoft has shown with Windows 8, RT, Phone, and XBox looks very exciting. I am particularly interested in what will be available next Spring when my contract is up and Nokia will introduce phones that, in their words, ?People will be climbing over themselves? to get. I just hope they are available on Verizon...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster