WP8 RTM has landed!

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope they do announce features soon instead of waiting for Build 12. It doesn't seem to make sense to not even announce the feature set until 3 days before it supposedly goes on sale. Maybe that is just wishful thinking. I can't wait to get the 920.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I hope they do announce features soon instead of waiting for Build 12. It doesn't seem to make sense to not even announce the feature set until 3 days before it supposedly goes on sale. Maybe that is just wishful thinking. I can't wait to get the 920.

Haha, well I don't know, some people were criticizing Nokia for having no release dates or pricing information, and some thought they announced it too early.

At least if they announce it three days before, it'll be fresh in people's minds and they'll still be very excited.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If they announce the feature set now, some people will complain that the time between announcement and availability was too long. They'll write endless posts about how MS is stupid.

If they wait, we're going to see a bunch of posts saying that they need to announce features NOW. They'll write endless posts about how MS is stupid.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
If they announce the feature set now, some people will complain that the time between announcement and availability was too long. They'll write endless posts about how MS is stupid.

If they wait, we're going to see a bunch of posts saying that they need to announce features NOW. They'll write endless posts about how MS is stupid.

Lol, you can't please everyone. :p

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol, you can't please everyone. :p
The biggest winner here is Google, who gets to screw all its manufacturers by RTMing at the same time it releases its Nexus device, then all the tech pundits decide its the fault of the manufacturers for taking months.

I doubt it would have been impossible for Microsoft to work super closely with Nokia to get the 920 out this week or next, since WP8 is already done. But good on them for keeping a level playing field, at least in this regard.

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
How long does it generally take a piece of software from RTM to actual release?

What does history tell us?

Wonder if MSFT will be announcing a new event soon?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I hope they have a bunch of launch parties like they did for Mango.

I'm not sure how helpful it was, but the food there was delicious!

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Instead of wasting it on food, give phones away or use that money for upgrade discounts :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Instead of wasting it on food, give phones away or use that money for upgrade discounts :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Nokia will likely make it the phones cheap. but also profitable. maybe a little cheaper than the 32GB S3 and 32GB ip5 hundred dollars cheaper I think. since the 920 only comes with 32gb and maybe with 64gb. makes it a steal. But maybe recommend to a 820 instead

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
How long does it generally take a piece of software from RTM to actual release?

What does history tell us?

Wonder if MSFT will be announcing a new event soon?

7 weeks. Mango on July 26th, Release on September 15th last year.

Precisely what we have today for September 14th to November 2nd.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

To be fair, it would be Microsoft's fault either way. They announced the product and the end of WP7 development. In tech, you can't reasonably expect people to wait six months between a "this OS is EOL" announcement and details/availability of the replacement.

That is a big part of what is killing off RIM. BB7 is toast and BB10 is still vapor ware.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, it would be Microsoft's fault either way. They announced the product and the end of WP7 development. In tech, you can't reasonably expect people to wait six months between a "this OS is EOL" announcement and details/availability of the replacement.

That is a big part of what is killing off RIM. BB7 is toast and BB10 is still vapor ware.
But tones of people are buying the 920. But People are not buying BB's almost all of them are moving away from RIM

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Nobody is buying either the 920 nor BB10 right now.

And that is the problem. Don't kill your current stuff until the new stuff is ready to ship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos