Any info on a possible live stream for HTC event?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to sit in and watch like I did with the Nokia event. Any live stream available? If it's in NY I might even try to go. See if I have the same experience as Goodthings2life had with the Nokia event.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There's not a lot of information on it, other than, "join HTC to see what’s next" postcards that went out for the September 19th event in New York. That's all I've read/seen about it.

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Haha, Xeno, I want HTC to succeed so bad. I've never been disappointed with a PRODUCT they've put out. Support is a different story. If only I could speak to the CEO to give him some consumer-side outlooks on their company it would probably help.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Haha, Xeno, I want HTC to succeed so bad. I've never been disappointed with a PRODUCT they've put out. Support is a different story. If only I could speak to the CEO to give him some consumer-side outlooks on their company it would probably help.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Believe me...it can never go worse that Motorola <--this company BLATANTLY ignores you...they treat u as if you owe them something... HTC at least had the courtesy to reply to our mails...

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
HTC has some really beautiful devices that kick Sammy in the place that you wouldn't want to be kicked if u were a guy... :p

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is a WP7/8 event or an Android event. Maybe even a combination of the two. I hope it's more entertaining than Nokia's event.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Believe me...it can never go worse that Motorola <--this company BLATANTLY ignores you...they treat u as if you owe them something... HTC at least had the courtesy to reply to our mails...

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Haha, so true. I had a Moto Bionic....big mistake. Responses from them were nil, and the support sucked. I've e-mailed HTC a few times and they try to help at least, but sometimes it's out of their boundaries of responsibility.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Haha, so true. I had a Moto Bionic....big mistake. Responses from them were nil, and the support sucked. I've e-mailed HTC a few times and they try to help at least, but sometimes it's out of their boundaries of responsibility.

Yup..I still have those mails from HTC..they genuinely respond to u and sincerely try to help...
This RaZr makes me put cross on two names...
Motorola and Android...

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is a WP7/8 event or an Android event. Maybe even a combination of the two. I hope it's more entertaining than Nokia's event.

I've read that they will introduce their new wp8 phones and a couple of tablets. There's really limited information on what will be presented at the event.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought MS told HTC that they were not allowed to make W8 tablets.

I'm hoping to see something similar to what Daniel posted as a rumor on the front page [even though that phone has been shot down].
I've read that they will introduce their new wp8 phones and a couple of tablets. There's really limited information on what will be presented at the event.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've e-mailed HTC a few times and they try to help at least, but sometimes it's out of their boundaries of responsibility.

Nothing concerning their handsets should be out of their boundaries of responsibility. Sure, they are not responsible for replacing a device maybe, but they should be responsible for troubleshooting and supporting the device. Seriously, how hard would it be for HTC to email out a link to update TITAN phones to the latest firmware updates that ATT will not push to its customers? ATT sticks with the excuse that they are still testing the firmware on their infrastructure. That is just complete and total BS because it only takes a few minutes from the time apple releases an update till its available. Actually att does not even do the update, itunes does, ATT just does not BLOCK the iPhone updates like they do for windows phones. So why can't Zune go out and find the updates for my TITAN and install it?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So why can't Zune go out and find the updates for my TITAN and install it?

Because carriers have MS by the balls. If MS did that they would be like "Right, we refuse to stock any more of your phones until you reset it back to that". Sure, they'll be fine in the UK with that attitude as unlocked phones are available over here by the plenty... but the US... oh they'd be snookered big time.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Because carriers have MS by the balls. If MS did that they would be like "Right, we refuse to stock any more of your phones until you reset it back to that". Sure, they'll be fine in the UK with that attitude as unlocked phones are available over here by the plenty... but the US... oh they'd be snookered big time.

Exactly. You forget that MS is secretly, but at the same time openly in bed with Nokia. How dare anybody step on their partners toes at this time while Nokia is digging themselves out of a grave and gaining a bit of traction. HTC is sinking to....throw them a bone. But thats another conversation. OEMs are only responsible for so much under the current situation. WP8 should see a different type of update climate with the OTA they speak of.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. You forget that MS is secretly, but at the same time openly in bed with Nokia. How dare anybody step on their partners toes at this time while Nokia is digging themselves out of a grave and gaining a bit of traction. HTC is sinking to....throw them a bone. But thats another conversation. OEMs are only responsible for so much under the current situation. WP8 should see a different type of update climate with the OTA they speak of.

Yes, I'd definitely like to see MS throw HTC a bone. Could run on a duopoly. I'd say outside of Nokia, only HTC would be willing to give 100% to WP for a decent deal like Nokia get. Samsung also produce WP but as top Android seller, they won't drop Android even for a few billion bucks. HTC and Nokia could perhaps also share ideas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo