Nokia trash-talking about HTC's launch

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Second, HTC provided carrier availability and shipping month information. Nokia still hasn't.

Bingo, had HTC released pricing as well, Nokia would have been completely outclassed and stomped into the ground. If they keep partnering with AT&T, Nokia might as well declare bankruptcy. I'm aware they need some press right now, but they didn't do a better job than HTC.

They put wireless charging in their device: a complete waste in my opinion, making it incredibly heavy. The weight is the biggest reason why I'm leaning towards HTC now. I really like Nokia, but at the moment I'm finding them almost unbearable. I'd like a model without wireless charging and I'd buy that, but at the moment I think the phone is just way too heavy.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I like this idea that HTC is some big player pushing around Nokia while the reality is that currently they are both also-ran companies desperately scrambling around to stay relevant.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
They have no other choice.

They did have a choice. They chose to go "all in" for Windows Phone.

Saying they have no choice is like this.

Jim: "Do you want a sports car or a sedan?"

Dan: "Hmmm... They both look nice, but after weighing all my options and analyzing my needs, I'm going to go with the sedan."

Later...

Steve "Look at Dan waxing his sedan. He sure seems to love that car."

Joe "Well, Dan had no choice!"

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nokia has quite a bit of operating CASH. The rumblings of their instability are greatly exaggerated. They're going to be fine for a while, even if the next three quarters are an utter disaster. And I don't think that's going to happen.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You must have missed the discussion and decided to comment anyway. NO ONE was talking about did Nokia have a choice between WP7, Symbian, Android, Meego. We were talking about the choice Nokia made to go all in AFTER they decided to go with WP7.

ELOP himself said, "there is no plan B". Later he said there was.

They did have a choice. They chose to go "all in" for Windows Phone.

Saying they have no choice is like this.

Jim: "Do you want a sports car or a sedan?"

Dan: "Hmmm... They both look nice, but after weighing all my options and analyzing my needs, I'm going to go with the sedan."

Later...

Steve "Look at Dan waxing his sedan. He sure seems to love that car."

Joe "Well, Dan had no choice!"

Chazz

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't approve of Nokia talking trash, but if you want to talk about a company that has talked some trash over the years then look no further than the company that makes the operating system. ;)

Out of Microsoft's competition, look at Google's and Apple's history of trash talking and see who is the worst offender. It's not Microsoft, even though their companies age far surpasses one of those companies. It's a part of business, politics and life.

As for my opinion on it, It seems like it's all in good fun. And it actually draws attention to the entire WP platform, not just them. They are basically providing free advertiing for everyone. It makes people want to take sides and purchase the phone on whatever side they stand. That's maybe not a good thing for Nokia but, it's a GREAT thing for Windows Phone OS.

As far as the outright attacks being delivered against Nokia in this thread. I see that as classless. Nokia is trying to defend their company, financial careers and livlihoods of their employees. You guys are just being butthurt fanboys that "your" OEM isn't being spotlighted. You forget the abysmal amount of effort those OEMS gave us thus far.

I'm a HTC Titan user and I absolutely love it. It's an amazing device. It's a shame that HTC doesn't think so and gave it crap advertising and even worse support. Tango still isn't out for it and to top that off they completely locked up the device with DRM in their firmware. So I can't even go out and unlock it if I pleased and take things into my own hands. There was no need for them to do that. Especially since they didn't care about the device. HTC was born from making Windows Mobile, I'd love to support the company that's been with Microsoft the longest. But, they aren't commited to this platform that I Love. Only Nokia has showed it so far and they back up their commitment with great hardware to boot.

In these forums. atleast. Most of the opinions are of those that are "fanboys" of a particular OEM. They are picking any slight problem and are blowing it up. Like accusing Nokia of having non-functioning tech because they didn't give a release date on a LAUNCH device. As if it's not gonna launch on the LAUNCH date of the OS.

I think every OEM has done a great job so far on their launch devices. I'm very proud of this launch compared to G1 or G2 of WP7.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
They put wireless charging in their device: a complete waste in my opinion, making it incredibly heavy. The weight is the biggest reason why I'm leaning towards HTC now. I really like Nokia, but at the moment I'm finding them almost unbearable. I'd like a model without wireless charging and I'd buy that, but at the moment I think the phone is just way too heavy.

It's only a complete waste if you don't want to use it.

For me, I think it's great.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm just looking forward to the OUTRAGED posts from the Nokia die-hards when HTC or Samsung take a pot-shot at Nokia handsets. It will go from "this is technology" to "this is OUTRAGEOUS! Microsoft needs to tell HTC to shut the **** up NOW." :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't Think htc or Samsung will take shots at Nokia. Why, it would be a waste of time. Its not like Nokia has any type of maeketshare that they care much about.
I'm just looking forward to the OUTRAGED posts from the Nokia die-hards when HTC or Samsung take a pot-shot at Nokia handsets. It will go from "this is technology" to "this is OUTRAGEOUS! Microsoft needs to tell HTC to shut the **** up NOW." :D

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't Think htc or Samsung will take shots at Nokia. Why, it would be a waste of time. Its not like Nokia has any type of maeketshare that they care much about.
Lol! Well, at least as far as WP marketshare is concerned, Nokia is the most talked about, not to mention having the best seller and highest rated on both ATT and T-Mobile.

Nokia has been praised and awarded for their design and innovation, and duly so, for the Windows Phone offerings. Have yet to hear such for HTC or Samsung WP...ever.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Having 50% share of WP7, while WP7 has about 3% of the total marketshare doesn't put a bullseye on ya. Sorry.

I haven't seen praise for any design award for WP7 nor innovation. Well, not for anything that's been tested by the masses. There is NOTHING new in any Nokia WP7 device that hasn't been done in another phone.
Lol! Well, at least as far as WP marketshare is concerned, Nokia is the most talked about, not to mention having the best seller and highest rated on both ATT and T-Mobile.

Nokia has been praised and awarded for their design and innovation, and duly so, for the Windows Phone offerings. Have yet to hear such for HTC or Samsung WP...ever.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen praise for any design award for WP7 nor innovation. Well, not for anything that's been tested by the masses.

Please, I don't care if you bash Windows Phone, but don't do it because of your own ignorance.

Microsoft scoops 7 IDEA awards for design excellence - Next at Microsoft - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Windows Phone won 3 awards for:

Gold award in the category of Interactive Product Experiences,
Silver in the Research category and
Bronze in Design Strategy.

You should also do a search for design awards for the Lumia 900

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett