HTC beat Nokia at it's own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Talk about beautiful design that feels like it's made with Windows Phone in mind. Something new, something fresh, something that represent the very best on the company.

What is Nokia going to do now? The 8X is basically a better looking, much lighter Lumia 920 that's available on all major carriers. Maybe if it had real pureview it might differentiate themselves but they blow it hard.

Edit: The Beat part is a pun.

If you have to point out a pun, you've failed. :p

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think they're both going to be sweet devices and if both phones come to Verizon, I will likely have to hold both of them in my hands before I can make a decision. I'm kind of surprised by the fact that the 8X is taller than the 920 despite the smaller screen size. However, the difference in weight will definitely be noticeable. In the end, I love the fact that there will be multiple high-end devices available at launch.

CoolBeit

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Talk about beautiful design that feels like it's made with Windows Phone in mind. Something new, something fresh, something that represent the very best on the company.

What is Nokia going to do now? The 8X is basically a better looking, much lighter Lumia 920 that's available on all major carriers. Maybe if it had real pureview it might differentiate themselves but they blow it hard.

Edit: The Beat part is a pun.

I really don't care which phone you prefer, but you do realize how much of an improvement Nokia's optical IS is over "real pureview," right? You might want to research it before being upset about the lack of "real pureview." This one feature alone is making me strongly consider switching from android to WP.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hardware wise for me the Lumia wins, i have to agree with the op that at the moment Htc has more reach with more carriers although this could change

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Think im gona be switching back to HTC ,

Samsung is nice as well and nokia's better camera and exclusive apps is like my 2year cousin talking, I just don't care. Lol

Gona be a hard choice!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Let's be honest Winterfang... you made this thread a week ago and you've been dying to post it ever since.

:p

actually I had so little faith in HTC that I forgot to watch their keynote completely. I found out about the phone while casually browsing the verge.

Its just that the 8X is basically a thinner, lighter 900 yet Nokia fans acted like it wasn't possible.

In expects the 920 does have it beaten but the 8X is just on another category design wise.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
actually I had so little faith in HTC that I forgot to watch their keynote completely. I found out about the phone while casually browsing the verge.

Its just that the 8X is basically a thinner, lighter 900 yet Nokia fans acted like it wasn't possible.

In expects the 920 does have it beaten but the 8X is just on another category design wise.

Lets wait until we see some comparison pictures before saying "it wasn't be done"; no point having a crap phone that looks nice.

BTW, I was just yanking your chain bud. :)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just want a kick *** camera, large storage and a 4" or larger nice screen. Make it afforadable and I am in. I don't care what name it says on it.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just the tittle made me giggle * HTC beat Nokia at it's own game.*

Nokia get SOO MUCH praise yet its nothing mind blowing , So far most people seem to be heading to HTC or Samsung lol.

Sure Nokia has better marketing.... thats where their game ends ,

the phones are really nothing special ,

only thing gooing for them is exclusivity and a better camera , the 2 lease important Features of a phone.

MikeMystery

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Nope. You forget that the Lumia 920 has a floating lens which the 8X does not. For that kind of technology to be in a phone some depth has to be added to the handset.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The 8X is "the phone for the rest of us."

920 is packed full of features that the average person doesn't need (and that Nokia can't quite get working, apparently).

The 8X is cheaper, thinner, and available.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Seems now we've gone down to apple's level, our phone doesn't have X feature therefore people dont need it, our phone is thinner, lighter, faster....:dry

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems now we've gone down to apple's level, our phone doesn't have X feature therefore people dont need it, our phone is thinner, lighter, faster....:dry

It's so childish. And you can almost PREDICT who is going to make an appearance in certain topics. I'm very over this "The company I support is better than yours" argument that's been happening since the announcement of WP8. Get over it folks and vote with your wallet

TofuDelight

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
We can all argue about who has the absolute best phone but I'm glad HTC stepped up. We will all benefit when WP8 phones are available at all price points and all carriers.

I'm personally going with the Lumia 920 because the camera is the most important thing to me but I have a fear that Nokia's success will be hampered by pricing &/or availability.

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm very over this "The company I support is better than yours" argument that's been happening since the announcement of WP8. Get over it folks and vote with your wallet

Welcome to the world of Android. It'll only get worse, but you'll get used to it eventually. lol

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Good to know HTC stepped up.

Still I am going Nokia. The support Nokia has is good, and its hardware innovations are there at the top.

I am also disappointed to note that somehow WP fans are also a fragmented lot. Has Nokia offended some non-Nokia users, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs