Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    As the main contenders have now thrown their hat into the ring I am definitely a happy WP user. However, I can't help but sit back and think how each flagship phone is missing something. Something phone A has that is missing in both phone B and C, and every which variation of said equation. If you were able to deconstruct the ATIV S, Lumia 920, and the 8X, which features would you chose to scrap and which would you keep to build your dream WP8 device?

The rules are simple:
    1. Any features found within those phones are fair game, even if they are proprietary.
    2. Upgrading specs is not allowed (sorry, no quad-core).
    3. Keep it to physical traits as I think we can all agree that Nokia already has the clear advantage with regards to developer support.
    4. Have fun.

My Dream Device: I like the size of the ATIV S, the camera, screen, and charging of the Lumia 920, and the audio and form factor of the 8X... so here we go.

From ATIV S - 4.8" screen size and SD card support (I know a lot of people will have an instant hate on for me wanting SD support but I live in Canada and there is no such thing as unlimited data), 32 GB (I know the Lumia 920 has the same but I felt bad for the ATIV S)

From Lumia 920 - PureView camera, dual LED flash, PureMotion HD+ with super sensitive screen (again, it's cold up here), 60 Hz refresh rate, Qi wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0, HAAC audio recording, 2000mAh battery, Corning's Gorilla Glass 2

From 8X - 2.1MP ultra wide angle front facing camera, Beats audio and 2.55v audio amp, 8X form factor (with obvious accommodation for all the tech fitted into this beast)

Now have at it!

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    From the Ativ: Nothing. To me it is clearly the worst and since I don't like huge screens, that is one of its biggest flaws IMO
    From Lumia: Clearblack filter, OIS, Nokia Drive
    From HTC: Everything not listed above.

So esentially, my perfect device would be the 8x with a clearblack filter, OIS, and nokia drive.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I want the 8S form factor with basically every awesome feature from the 920 (screen tech, camera, mic, BT 4.0, etc.), along with Nokia's apps and support and 32GB internal storage (along with the microSD card slot that already comes with it).
    I was surprised at HTC today. In the past I've always felt HTC phones were boring and much to be desired...

But I have to hand it to them. Bloody good show, they really redesigned the image of their phones into a sleek series of devices that I wouldn't be ashamed to own.

That being said, 16gb on the 8X is the worst factor of everything they did today.

I would take everything about the 920, add the wide angle front facing camera from the HTC 8X, and the removable storage from the ATIV..... and maybe that sharp limelight yellow color from the HTCs. I find that color pretty wicked looking on a phone.

From the ATIV: Expandable storage, 2300 mAh battery.
    From the 920: OIS, 4.5" PureMotionHD+ screen with Gorilla Glass, dual LED flash
    From the 8X: 2.1 mp front facing camera, general form factor, color selection (although I can't stop drooling over that grey & yellow 8S...)

Moot points all, as we can only pick from what we've got, but a fun exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    I want the 8S form factor with basically every awesome feature from the 920 (screen tech, camera, mic, BT 4.0, etc.), along with Nokia's apps and support and 32GB internal storage (along with the microSD card slot that already comes with it).
    I want the physical size of the 8S, but the looks of the 920... as well as the 920's screen technology (blended with the higher ppi of the 8X), camera w/ OIS and Dual-LED flash from the 920, mic, BT 4.0, wireless charging, 32gb internal with expandable memory, swappable plates like the 820 and removable battery, battery from the 920...

...basically I'd like a 920 the size of the 8S with the ppi of an 8x and expandable memory like the 920/8S. Also, swappable back plate and removable memory. Oh, and Beats Audio from the 8X :) If all that could be as light as the 8S (I could even settle for the weight of the 8X) then I'd be... complete :D
    A 920 with removable battery from the 820, MicroSD card expansion from the ATIV and from HTC...maybe the weight. But not exactly.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    ATIV: 32GB storage with an option for Expandable microSDXC to 64GB, exchangeable Battery, Screen Size.

8X: 2.1MP Wide Angle from facing camera, 342 ppi display, Dedicate ImageChip, Beats audio.

Lumia 920: ClearBlack, Sensitive touch, Purview camera tech, wireless charging, body/form and weight (yes I like a heavy device)

probably missed a few things lol
    Last edited by Villain; 09-20-2012 at 02:11 AM.