Dual Core Optimization?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Now since we all know how well WP8 is coded..I wanted to know if there is dual-core optimization?

What do I mean by that: When the iPhone 4S came out, it was said that Safari made use of both cores perfectly.

Also, as we all know, dual or quad core isn't enough..even the apps need to be programmed in such a way as to make complete use of them...so does WP8 have (at least the default) apps that are dual-core optimized?

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

fiveodano

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
YAY!!! someone else is bringing this up. I keep hearing people who want more cores but your right, software needs to be written for them. I would think they are most beneficial for multi tasking anyway. My bigger concern with more cores is battery life. According to the specs for the 920 and the 8X battery life seems good, but we won't really know till we get them in our hands.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
YAY!!! someone else is bringing this up. I keep hearing people who want more cores but your right, software needs to be written for them. I would think they are most beneficial for multi tasking anyway. My bigger concern with more cores is battery life. According to the specs for the 920 and the 8X battery life seems good, but we won't really know till we get them in our hands.

Yes..cores need battery. And a lot of it. But the battery provided both with 8X and 920 is great for a dual core device...

Yes. The Wp8 apps will likely be optimized for dual core. also....XT910? what is that man?

Oh..Hahaah..that's Moto RaZr, GSM version..the CDMA is XT912. :)

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon