will i have google apps like google+ for wp8?

jswag001

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I was curious if i will be able to have apps like i do for google+ ( which i love and use constantly ). I know google is android so i wasnt sure if they will branch out to wp8 or not. Does anyone know the answer to this?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I was curious if i will be able to have apps like i do for google+ ( which i love and use constantly ). I know google is android so i wasnt sure if they will branch out to wp8 or not. Does anyone know the answer to this?

I would think the likelihood is good for Google+ integration. Not that I know for sure, but iOS has a Google+ app, why wouldn't WP8?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Depends if theres an API for these google services.

I cant see Google caring about WP at all, so the only hope will be 3rd parties.

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
don't know about that. Never used a WP, but waiting for the 920. Hopefully the wallet offers similar functionality.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, will Google actually care enough to give WP users the Google apps? Keep in mind that MS and Google are in direct competition over many things, from search to email to phones. So it's hard to say.

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use g+ regularly and was wondering the same thing. I would think that Google would be more apt to work with wp than apple seeing as how Microsoft is not currently trying to destroy their mobile market through litigation and they made an official app for ios. So I would think it is safe to say there will be one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it as much for a social network as I do a source of interesting stories and news. Just set your feed to "what's hot" and see what's going on in the world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Last I knew Google hasn't released a true API for Google+ so devs are not able to create a app for it. It's all in Google's court. I was unaware of a Google+ app for iOS.

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I thought there was mention of a ipad app on g+ a few weeks ago, I assumed they covered the phones too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Google has actively sabotaged WP (and Windows in general) at every opportunity, including blocking MS from access to YouTube. I doubt they're suddenly going to change their tune (unless WP takes up enough market share to risk loss to competing Microsoft services).

Google had a long-time ban on Windows PCs at their HQ, mandating either Linux machines or Macs, until there was an employee groundswell requiring them to appear on campus. It's an ideological thing over there.

In general, I recommend that Google users migrate to Microsoft services if they're considering a Windows infrastructure. Hotmail/Outlook.com is better than Gmail, Hotmail calendar and contacts work better than their Google counterparts, and you can trust Microsoft not to sell your email contents to advertisers as keywords.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Google has actively sabotaged WP (and Windows in general) at every opportunity, including blocking MS from access to YouTube. I doubt they're suddenly going to change their tune (unless WP takes up enough market share to risk loss to competing Microsoft services).

Google had a long-time ban on Windows PCs at their HQ, mandating either Linux machines or Macs, until there was an employee groundswell requiring them to appear on campus. It's an ideological thing over there.

In general, I recommend that Google users migrate to Microsoft services if they're considering a Windows infrastructure. Hotmail/Outlook.com is better than Gmail, Hotmail calendar and contacts work better than their Google counterparts, and you can trust Microsoft not to sell your email contents to advertisers as keywords.

I do run Linux as much as I run Windows on the desktop. I'm actually posting here via Firefox in Linux.

I have no idea what you mean wrt YouTube blocked from access in Windows. YouTube has always worked fine for me in Windows.

If one uses a desktop email client that is not Windows-based, Gmail is better than Hotmail/Outlook.com. Gmail supports IMAP in all email clients. When I run Linux, I use the Evolution email client; Hotmail/Outlook.com only supports POP3 in Evolution. Therefore, I prefer Gmail.

Yes, I also have desktop Outlook 2010. However, I probably spend as much or even more time running desktop Linux than I do running desktop Windows.

Mauriciovsky

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I do run Linux as much as I run Windows on the desktop. I'm actually posting here via Firefox in Linux.

I have no idea what you mean wrt YouTube blocked from access in Windows. YouTube has always worked fine for me in Windows.

hes talking about windows phone, not windows for desktop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99