Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sconrad308
  • 3 Post By rockstarzzz

I have a windows phone 7 and recently discovered that the Credit card app I use gopayment has been removed from the marketplace and is being phased out. They are no longer supporting W7 and have no plans to support W8. I'm pissed off as I use my phone for business. I now have to use my webbrowser to take payments which is lame. Does WP8 have any plans to support credit card readers like square in the future or should I just go buy an android phone again? This is frustrating. I love windows phone but if they don't get their act together soon as far as the important apps I will be saying goodbye.
    One would hope that Square will support the WP8 OS into their software sometime in the near future. In the meantime, it may be prudent to contact their support and offer some this idea as a suggestion.

This is my biggest gripe with windows phone. They don't have all the necessary apps. How do they expect to attract business people with no banking and credit card reader apps? Well,as much as I love w7/8 ,this is their last chance with me. If they don't get "all" the necessary apps I'm gonna be forced back to android. :-(
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    they do plan to support it.

have you guys tried E-mailing the Developers to see why they stop support?
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    they do plan to support it.

have you guys tried E-mailing the Developers to see why they stop support?
    I have contacted Square and they said they have no plans to support wp8.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    I haven't tested these but you can try them out:

Accumulus
    MerchantPlus
    Intuit GoPayment Credit Card Terminal
    Credit Card Machine
    Aircharge

MerchantPlus is the one id try, they have good support ( total free Number to call and online chat) and a nice website: http://www.merchantplus.com/mobile/s...ndows-phone-7/
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!

Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    I haven't tested these but you can try them out:

Accumulus
    MerchantPlus
    Intuit GoPayment Credit Card Terminal
    Credit Card Machine
    Aircharge
    Copayment has been pulled from marketplace. That is what I was using. They stopped supporting w7. Also your links say not found at marketplace.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    yeah sorry , try these links bellow

try MerchantPlus: or run a search in the marketplace with the names!

Windows Phone 7 - Accept Credit Cards Online with MerchantPlus

Merchantplus 15$ (best 1): http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-00237de2db9e

Accumulus 4$ : http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-00237de2db9e

CC machine (Free): http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...c-00237de2db9e

Aircharge (free): http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...6-563211c39c1d
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 09-25-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    It isn't if MS will support these companies or not, it is if the credit card companies want to support WP.
    The way I look at these companies is simple. If they won't support my phone os of choice, I will find someone that will.
    Samsung Focus Flash on Straight Talk.
    Thanked by:
    selfcreation and loweje like this.

The problem isn't with MS, the problem is with Square and the other companies. Their profit outlook isn't high enough, that's why Square and the rest are currently not developing an app for Windows devices....it comes down to GREED.
    Get an Android.

I've decided, the answer to these threads are simple now.

If an app is more important to you than a phone, don't buy WP.
    If a phone is more important to you than an app, go buy a WP.
    Thanked by:
    BeaverJuicer, tgp and dullerm like this.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What about the PayPal app does that support it's payment method?

Paypal's "Here" is not compatible with WP8 yet (I really hope they change this soon) but I have learned about Credit Card Terminal for Windows - Inner Fence. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll remain hopeful that these companies start to work WP8 into their development cycles. I've had iPhones and Androids and WP8 is the first "REAL" smart phone. I'll never go back.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    I don't get it. When an independent developer says they aren't support WP8, everyone puts the blame on MS. There's only so much Microsoft can do to get people to develop for the platform. If the dev says they aren't supporting it, attack the dev. It's not the platform's fault. It's the dev's decision.

AIRCHARGE app maybe free but the reader for the program is $365

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bawboh86 View Post
    I don't get it. When an independent developer says they aren't support WP8, everyone puts the blame on MS. There's only so much Microsoft can do to get people to develop for the platform. If the dev says they aren't supporting it, attack the dev. It's not the platform's fault. It's the dev's decision.
    Developers aren't sitting on a gold mine to have unlimited resources to develop apps for a platform that has only 3% of market share (in US). It is a simple math. It is still Microsoft's problem that it can't penetrate the market with its platform. While MS can't force devs to develop apps for WP, it needs to do more to market the platform. If the market share still sits on this 3% mark through out 2013, I think even MS will pull the plug on WP platform.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    The lack of a cc swiper is gaping hole in the WP app ecosystem, to the point of embarrassment.

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PeltFrelken View Post
    The lack of a cc swiper is gaping hole in the WP app ecosystem, to the point of embarrassment.
    99% of WP users could care less about the lack of CC swiper. Not everyone owns a business.