How soon after WP8 do you think we get many more official apps?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Its one of those things that keep me looking over the fence a bit as I want a few of those apps that reside on Android or IOS. I stay tight roping, but I love WP8.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll see big names quite soon as they've had the SDK for a while. Smaller names such as us here at WPCentral will have to make our WP7 apps as good as possible and then switch to WP8 when we can get some time with the SDK

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
We can always count on wpcentral to be on top of their game. I just hope everyone else buys into WP8 as well.

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Its one of those things that keep me looking over the fence a bit as I want a few of those apps that reside on Android or IOS. I stay tight roping, but I love WP8.

This is the only real concern I have about ditching my iOS device, for WP8...I'm sure confident that allot of popular App developers are keeping things quiet until the next big event, in Oct-Nov.

But I must admit, the Windows App Store is looking nearly as bare as Blackberry's App World...not good. :-\

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm used to not have apps now, I just want the good official apps to be on it and the popular fads to make it also.

The game situation is also quite sad.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
There is so many apps that I use on my iPod that I wish I could use on my WP... I have them on my iPod but I absolutely need wi-fi... I am concerned about that too

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I only have a handful of apps that I actually use... WPCentral, Amazing Weather, Amazon Mobile, ConnectMe (Remote Desktop), and IMDb. Beyond that, I have a couple occasional utility apps.

The truth is, though, I realize that the high profile trendy apps are important for the growth of the platform... because needed or not, people want them.

So, anyway, I expect a number of high profile apps to launch with WP8, and I expect Instagram to be among them.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got my daughter almost ready to commit, but she wants a better Instagram client. She's actually quite content with all the other social media stuff. Also, she loves the fact that it (Trpohy) just works and works.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I only have a handful of apps that I actually use... WPCentral, Amazing Weather, Amazon Mobile, ConnectMe (Remote Desktop), and IMDb. Beyond that, I have a couple occasional utility apps.

The truth is, though, I realize that the high profile trendy apps are important for the growth of the platform... because needed or not, people want them.

So, anyway, I expect a number of high profile apps to launch with WP8, and I expect Instagram to be among them.
Weather network app would be welcomed all the weather apps we have are not giving much informaltions... I worked outside all summer and it would have been handy to have a reliable weather app...

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm almost certain that Microsoft will announce some official apps with the WP8 unveil. Beyond that, we'll continue to see more apps make their way over. Personally, I want to see more apps make their way to our platform with feature parity to the leading platforms.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Someone I don't like is that some of the apps that replace features to our phones are lock some way. Either by exclusivity (nokia maps) or by hacking.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, there are just a few apps from Android that I missed having, nothing highly important, but I find myself trying to fill a void. The games for the most part aren't that great here. There are a few that are ok. The facebook/people hub thing still needs work. I want a better sports app. The ESPN for non Nokia owners kinda lacks. A better weather app. Weather channel and Amazing weather are good, but Amazing weather lacks speedy refreshes and weather channel is not GPS friendly, meaning I have to manually refresh my location. And a few other things. The end of October isn't coming soon enough. the more I think about it, the further away it seems lol.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm reckoning that it'll be 5 years after WP8 launches before big names start hitting their way to us. Remember, we're fighting the duopoly of Apple/Android that's like 90% marketshare. And I doubt they're gonna budge any time soon. I'd be happy with even 10% marketshare by summer 2013.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm reckoning that it'll be 5 years after WP8 launches before big names start hitting their way to us. Remember, we're fighting the duopoly of Apple/Android that's like 90% marketshare. And I doubt they're gonna budge any time soon. I'd be happy with even 10% marketshare by summer 2013.

There is a chance that Windows 8 could tip things a bit in our favor since there is around 90% code reuse between Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.

And 10% marketshare would actually be a lot by summer 2013 IMO.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
That code reuse thing actually could get us on the right track quicker. But we will have to just wait and see. Windows might have been onto something coding the WP8 and W8 like they did.

I have still yet to use W8, but i hear good things about it. I am one of those folks thats always open to change. It's the reason why I adopted a windows phone. I don't like being told that I should like a popular OS just because. lol.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I know for a fact allot of BIG apps are coming to WP8 soon! as many of us here at WPcentral have contacted does big names Developers by e-mail.

I dont expect them to support WP7.8 , but I guaranty we will get a boost in Official apps!!

from day 1 we will see a improvement, BUT keep in mind that Developers have Revenue Priority , so WP might be the LAST OS on the list , but its coming!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3