rank your most favourite Windows phone 8 devices from 1-3

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. rank you are your top 3 Windows phones
Note: unless Huawei Announces their phone later this week.

my list
1) HTC Windows phone 8X
2) Nokia Lumia 920
3) Samsung Ativ S

and why do you think that is your favourite phone? and why you ranked that phone last?. The reason Why the 8X is my favourite is because it's got green and it looks very good to me and it's the perfect size for my small hands. :). please no wars please. Honest opinion please. the reason I ranked the Ativ S last because my hands are too small for that phone.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. rank you are your top 3 Windows phones
Note: unless Huawei Announces their phone later this week.

my list
1) HTC Windows phone 8X
2) Nokia Lumia 920
3) Samsung Ativ S

and why do you think that is your favourite phone? and why you ranked that phone last?. The reason Why the 8X is my favourite is because it's got green and it looks very good to me and it's the perfect size for my small hands. :). please no wars please. Honest opinion please. the reason I ranked the Ativ S last because my hands are too small for that phone.
Lumia 920
Lumia 820
Nothing on the 3rd list:p:p:p

Last edited:

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
920, 8x, 820

I really like the idea of wireless charging. If the 8x had wireless charging, it would be equal first with the 920.

Lloyyd

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
My list:

1. Lumia 920
2. Lumia 920
3. Lumia 920

I've never seen a phone from HTC that actually is high quality, I think that with using WP8 HTC will maybe move on a more quality way, but I'm not convinced at all. And Samsung is just bad.

No competition for Lumia.

JamesBondage

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Tough one. They all have good specs and only little to complain about.

Lumia 920: Best Camera, good software. But a little thick.
HTC 8x: Nice Design. But only 16GB and 1800 mAh battery.
Ativ S: Also a nice design, powerful battery. But the screen's too big.

In the end I'll have to hold the devices in my hand to decide. But for now, my ranking would be:

1. Lumia 920
2. Ativ S
3. HTC 8x

AmilM

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
please provide a reason why you rank that phone first and the other last please :)
OK
1) Nokia L920- best camera pureview, exclusive Nokia apps, nice design, wirelles charging and so on...:) And I love Nokia:)
2) Samsung Ativ S- nice design, powerfull battery, big screen ( I like big screen :) )
3) Nice, but I don't like HTC. And I don't know a lot of about HTC.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
1) 920
2) 8X
3) Ativ

One and two can be switched at any given time. Samsungs don't do much for me - I know the tech inside is first rate, but aesthetically they're "meh" to me.

"to me" is the operant phrase here folks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My list:

1. Lumia 920
2. Lumia 920
3. Lumia 920

I've never seen a phone from HTC that actually is high quality, I think that with using WP8 HTC will maybe move on a more quality way, but I'm not convinced at all. And Samsung is just bad.

No competition for Lumia.

I'm probably the biggest htc hater but I just have one word - HD2. Mine is still working and it still feels like a premium device in the hand. If they had continued with such quality I daresay they would be in a much better position overall today.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
8x
Ativ

I like HTC and have never had an issue with them other than slow to update, but in my experience they've always worked really good out of the box and have done so for a while. With the new design and talk, I think their support habits will change, plus updates will be OTA right? No carrier interference? Correct me on this if I need to be. And 16gb is fine with me. I don't need my whole jukebox on my phone. I have 16 GB now and I don't listen to half of whats on it. Plus with music streaming services I can always keep my music selection fresh with ease instead of the way you have to update you music library now. And I also heard somewhere that HTC with their beats thing going in will do some music player mod like their did with the HTC One X where it actually could be better than the stock music player.

920 is a great choice, but I want a smaller phone thinner phone. Yeah I have big hands, this phone has alot of unnecessary unused bezel space it would seem. Pureview is cool, but it's yet to be proven in the hands of a normal consumer. It's not that 808 pureview. So we have yet to see it in our own hands. That goes for all these phones. Plus, the way some folks act on here with Nokia kind of alienates me from them a little bit. People are almost starting to sound like iphone snobs. I understand you are excited about Nokia and stuff, but man some of the chatter is really funny.

Ativ, probably best spec windows phone being that is is a GS3 clone. Design isn't so great to me, and I'm not really a fan of Samsung either. Plus, they never even showcased their phone properly.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon gets all three.

1) 920
2) ATIV
3) 8X

Even though thicker and a smaller screen I picked the 920 over the ATIV mainly because my last to Sammy phones, the Nexus and GS3 don't have the best signal strength.

HTC is last because of small battery/screen/storage.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
1. Ativ S. I like the look and feel of the GSIII so this should be pretty good, 16GB + Micro SD support. Hopefully they add in wireless charging or at least have an easy way for me to do it and it becomes great!

1.5 ~ 2. Lumia 920 – I like Nokia, and all the technology they are bringing to the table. I will have to hold it and see how it feels, but with all it offers it could easily slip into the number 1 spot.

3. HTC 8X –*Nice design, but there are some things I'm not overwhelmed with. I've only had one HTC phone in the past, it was well made though so I'm sure this will be a great phone for them.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
keeps changing for me... at first I was all about the 920 but now visually I like the design, size, look/feel of the X8. also I do like the look of the ATIV S.

was super pumped about the lumia 920 camera BUT then I though of how I won't be filming movies to care all that much about the floating lens (rarely take videos at to be honest) and I don't take pictures in pitch black dark rooms. I do love the speed of the X8's camera but a little concerned about the 16gb limit.

at the moment (may change 5 times today lol)

X8
ATIV S

but to be honest... I won't know until I hold/touch each of the devices (these companies don't pay me so name brand has no say in my purchase)

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so currently for me, it is

1) Nokia Lumia 820 - Removable Battery is a very big deal for me (when my TITAN goes through two fully charged batteries per day due to my usage whereas my dad's Lumia 800 seems to come home with 30% battery, you know something's askew), so this is why it is first. Plus, the interchangeable shells and what Nokia are offering in terms of different shells... It seems like the Customisation Windows Phone.

2) Nokia Lumia 920/Windows Phone 8X - no removable battery, but both of these look like solid contenders to me. (please note this is a VERY CLOSE 2nd between these 2 devices and 1st place)

3) Windows Phone 8S/Samsung ATIV S - The 8S has no removable battery and no front facing camera. Not happy. As for the ATIV S, it feels like a Galaxy S3 rehash to me, and I don't like it. Plus, my last experience with Samsung touch-screen (Samsung Tocco I believe) was PAINFUL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss