How many people have you convinced to get a Windows phone 8 device?

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My sister actually had a Windows Phone first because she liked the LG Quantum Slider phone. She is going to get a WP8 device too. There is also a person at work who is a fellow photographer who wants to check out the Lumia 920 but isn't ready to commit to the platform so she wants to check out mine when I get one but she is excited at the preview pictures that engadget has been posting.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't exclusively recommend Windows Phone. I do not believe it is the best platform for everyone. I did convince my mother in law she would be happier with Windows Phone than Android or iOS. My brother in law asked my opinion and I thought he would be happier on Android. My wife is on Windows Phone 7 now, but I think she would be happier with the iPhone 5. The only reason I got her a Titan instead of a 4S in the first place was that the iPhone had a tiny screen. She is also interested in the 920. She will likely be getting one of the two for Christmas (iPhone 5 or Lumia 920).

Bruno H

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So far so good

Up till now I have convinced 7 friends and family memebers to switch to WP7. Every one of them is very satisfied.

And one of those have convinced a couple of friends o switch so the snowball has started Rolling.

junz804

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi 1st time poster when I saw this thread I couldn't resist. So as of right now I've convinced my girlfriend and her family, my family, my best friend and his dad, and a couple of other friends and coworkers so about 80 people. (Mainly because of the NL920)

cperezjr

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have convinced many of my friends who, most of them, have blackberry's and are tired of the fact that they have a bad app store. I've always supported windows phone since I got my Arrive, which by the way I still have(;

beyondthepale35

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I got a friend to get a 900 once he played with my Focus a year and a half ago. My moms 820 just came in the mail today. Girlfriend says she wants a 920 now since her Gingerbread Android is a POS. Ill take 3 for now haha. Honestly I dont have to pitch it to anyone, usually just letting someone play around with one is enough to get them interested.

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Recommended to two others (non-power users). There are some to whom I cannot recommend WP8, knowing all of those little bugs, limitations, functional and design oddities that WP8 has. Don't want them to get annoyed too much.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
None.

I don't try to convince people to buy one device or another, I'm not much of an evangelist. I used to be, for Apple computers years ago.

Long ago though, I decided that the best thing for me to do was just to give people my honest advice on these things when they ask for it. I've recommended a WP7 phone (before WP8) to one person and she bought one. I didn't recommend it because I'm trying to promote Windows Phone, I did it because she asked me what to get and I honestly felt it was the best choice for her needs. The iPhone would have been too expensive and wasn't offered on her carrier (T-mobile) and I wouldn't recommend an Android phone to anyone other than a nerdy poweruser who is going to enjoy troubleshooting and tinkering. Android sucks for normal people, so 99 times out of 100 I'm going to recommend either an iPhone or a Windows Phone depending on the circumstances.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Like socialcarpet, I recommend phones that might actually suit said people rather than try to push WP to everyone regardless of what they want and need.

That is also what I did with the N8. I was amongst the first to get one and people were asking me online if they should get it and it's not one or two times I recommended people iPhones or Android devices based on what they told me their needs were.

I also often use this analogy of WP sorta being in the middle. iOS is fairly fast and fluid and easy to use, but not capable of overly much in the end. Android then again is capable of a lot, but comes at the cost of user experience and few other things (performance, security...). WP then again may not be as bling as iOS (depends, I frankly think iOS to be quite terrible, but it has its charms I gues) or as capable as Android, but it is far more user intuitive and fluider than Android, while not being quite as handicapped as iOS. So if people say they want to be able to do it all on their phones, I often recommend Android (except if they emphasise stuff like Office and Exchange). If they want basically an entertainment device first and mobile phone second and dont care for much than apps, I might recommend iOS.

Naturally I like to promote WP when possible, but I don't do it when it's clear it's not what the person wants or needs.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I hope to convince about 300k people within next year :) I am pushing to have the Lumia 920 as the next company phone for my company... but stuff like that doesn't happen overnight and of course we need to see the phone perform over a few months out in the filed...

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope to convince about 300k people within next year :) I am pushing to have the Lumia 920 as the next company phone for my company... but stuff like that doesn't happen overnight and of course we need to see the phone perform over a few months out in the filed...

That gives me enough time to get a part time job at AT&T and get your account. :)

RandomNinjaAtk

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks like my GF is going to get a Lumia 920 and she will be coming from an iPhone. The biggest factor for her was the price. A new iPhone is too expensive and I think she wants to try something new. She also really likes the wireless charging when she saw mine using it yesterday (just received mine yesterday).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos