How many people have you convinced to get a Windows phone 8 device?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
How many people have you convinced to get a Windows phone 8 device?
me 121 people in my school alone and 100 people for my Job :). how many have you convinced. I'm very good at convincing people and very good at marketing and raising awareness

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
None - yet.....
I have spoken to a few on the advantages of a WP8 device, but until the phones have actually been released it is a bit hard to show people, seeing is believing or so they say.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
None - I don't do pushing - especially because if they don't like the platform you pushed them to, you look an *******.

Aykazu

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Me of course, my girlfriend, 2 co-workers and 1 co-workers wife.
My mother and stepfather. Convinced my brother to settle down and wait for Windows Phone 8 until making his decision on Samsung GS3 or the Lumia 920.

Umm thats about it, I would like to point out that my mother is a nearly 60 year old lady who does not know a thing about technology but she is in love with my Lumia 900 and I convinced her to buy the Lumia 920, even took her to see one in Helsinki and she absolutely fell in love with the red and yellow :)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Nothing beats that number. I give it to you... :p :excl: :D :confused:

I always thought adults were more promoting type. But It's always the youngsters :). well makes sense since adults have to work and being bored a lot and go home with their GF and do the (whistles) ;).

1- youngsters 0-adults

I just turned 16 last month

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Got my brother, mom and dad to switch. I try not to push people into it, but if they ask my opinion then obviously its gonna be some sort of windows phone. If I ever meet an asian girl with a windows phone I might just marry her....haha.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
None - I don't do pushing - especially because if they don't like the platform you pushed them to, you look an *******.

Definitely this. Back in the day I recommended a BlackBerry. She hates it and refuses to take my advice for phones ever again. We've lost her to iPhone.

Back on topic though. Got my dad to Windows Phone and he loves it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
None officially. I am more into subliminal promoting, or educating. Showing off the finer points of WP7/8, without directly knocking the competition. If I can leave some doubt in a non-WP users mind, I have done my job.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think if Viggle was on WP8, my wife would've come over. Alas, she got Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket - which she isn't all that particularly happy with because she has to reboot it all the time (at least once a week).

My mom is getting my old WP after I get my Lumia 920...

The secretary at the church is very intrigued by WP now after seeing me use my Focus, as are some other pastors in the area....

I don't push, I just use it and let them decide for themselves. Though for my two very pro-Apple fans, just telling them about the super sensitive touch screen made them go 'Wow, that's awesome.'

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
None yet, but I've got a BB user at work excited about getting a 920. BB users should be the easiest to convince. RIM is circling the drain, and a lot of long-time BB fans are starting to admit it.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I've stopped recommending stuff to people, because if they dont like it they hold it against you as if you have manufactured the product and any of it's flaws are your fault.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
when some people ask me to recommend something, I feel it is because they are not decisive enough and if it turns out to be a bad buy then they have someone to blame. Simple. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb