WPCentral showing nearly complete version of WP8 using the SDK

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess you didn't see what the source was ;)? That's Daniel from WPCentral showing the SDK off, haha. The article their linking to is on the front page of wpcentral.com.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess you didn't see what the source was ;)? That's Daniel from WPCentral showing the SDK off, haha. The article their linking to is on the front page of wpcentral.com.

haha, I was just at the WPCentral main page and still missed it.

Title and link properly adjusted. ;)

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else very dissapointed in the small upgrade that wp8 is looking to be from that video? If that's all there is then I think I'm gonna stick with android.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Not disappointed at all.

The HUGE upgrade is stuff that users don't immediately see. All the stuff under the hood that makes it easier for developers to do their magic.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if it's anything like 7.5 then you can't even begin to get into all the functionality just by tooling around on the emulator. A lot of consumer features aren't really visible. Plus, a lot of new features will be coming in the form of more powerful APIs for developers.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else very dissapointed in the small upgrade that wp8 is looking to be from that video? If that's all there is then I think I'm gonna stick with android.

Wp8 is not a small upgrade. It's BIG. That's not final software

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site

There's a ton of stuff already! Watching Daniel go through the settings on a build that may or may not fully disclose some of the contents of WP8 doesn't mean you've seen everything.

As an example, I remember all the whining about screenshots not being in present in WP8... and now Microsoft has officially confirmed that to be in WP8. But you don't see that in this video. VOIP is fully integrated into the phone, and not just Skype... any VOIP platform at all can be tied directly into the OS. You're not going to see that in this SDK. What about downloading offline maps (such as entire regions, states, or countries) and then being able to fully search them while offline, including points of interest and things you've never searched for before? I don't think that can be fully showcased in the SDK either. Neither can the TellMe service be showcased, using voice to launch apps (amongst all the other presently available TellMe uses), with the ability for devs to allow voice to control the apps themselves.

What I'm trying to say is that not everything that is available in WP8 can be showcased by a simple walkthrough of a leaked SDK that 1) may be locked down to hidden features 2) isn't indicative of absolutely everything the OS can do

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That's not a wise move by Microsoft, developers don't care much about Windows Phone.

That's the whole point, to make developers develop for Windows Phone.

I mean people keep complaining about lack of apps, and now that Microsoft is making it easier for developers to develop, it's a bad move?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon