WP8 Feature check

ryuh3d

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone testing the new WP8 SDK -- I have a question (not sure if this can be checked with the new SDK).

Is there a way to prevent toasts from appearing above the lock screen?

In WP7 when you get a text or a toast alert it will display all the information above the lock screen even if you have a PIN protected lock screen.

I don't like this in WP7 because it means people could read an incoming text, etc... without having to unlock my phone.

anvilofstars

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Rather than starting a new thread, I will ask my question here as well... Is there a way to get the screen to shut off when you place it next to your ear (iphone does this)?

ryuh3d

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Rather than starting a new thread, I will ask my question here as well... Is there a way to get the screen to shut off when you place it next to your ear (iphone does this)?

The new WP7 devices are much better with this. They are supposed to detect that it is near your face and shut the screen off. I have to assume WP8 hardware will work well in this regard too.

I have noticed the Lumia 900 and Samsung Focus S are much better at this than my Samsung Focus.

anvilofstars

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
The new WP7 devices are much better with this. They are supposed to detect that it is near your face and shut the screen off. I have to assume WP8 hardware will work well in this regard too.

I have noticed the Lumia 900 and Samsung Focus S are much better at this than my Samsung Focus.
Thanks! I have the Focus and it sucks at this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar