09-27-2012, 01:24 PM #1
- 14 Posts
I'm going to be making the move from android to WP. But I've searched the forums and websites and cannot find an answer to my questions.
1. Can I transfer mp3s from my computer to the phone without going through zune or whatever its called now?
2. Can I email mp3s from my phone?
3. Can I download mp3 attachments from email?
I am a music producer and I do alot of emailing and handling of mp3s from my phone. How is the overall music management in WP?
sent from my Galaxy Note using tapatalk
- 09-27-2012, 02:25 PM #4
Currently the only way to come close to what you asked is to upload them to SkyDrive and email the SkyDrive links to the files and have the other person email them as well. You can also install a SkyDrive app on the PC and drag/drop the files into the corresponding folders. But with WP8 this may change to allow emailing of all different types of attachments. Only problem with the cloud format is if you don't have a carrier with an unlimited plan or slow data speeds it may be an issue.
- 09-27-2012, 03:09 PM #7
Hard to know for sure how exactly stuff will work on WP8. I can promise you this though, bring this topic up the day devices launch and there will be a lot of us here in this forum that will be able to test it out and answer your questions. :)
- 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM #10
2. unknown at this time, but using SkyDrive links instead of emailing whole mp3's will be easier.
3. It's complicated, if you are emailed a mp3, you can open and listen to it, but you can't save it to the phone, but that might change with WP8.
I hope that helps.
- 09-27-2012, 04:12 PM #11
being a music junkie myself, i find that the media managment on windows phones is far superior to android. although it requires a zune client ( well formally know as zune, soon to be xbox music) it is still seemless and extremely user friendly. i did however recently discover that my wifes iphone i am able to sync with media monkey, and i was under the impression that it required itunes... so maybe media monkey with sync with windows phones as well