Who would you like to see build a Windows Phone?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Motorola. Their phones usually have good antennas. Also, Sony, so we could have both Xbox and PS games on the same device.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
My point is more that all manufacturers have Qc Issues and recycle designs. I challenge you to find a manufacturer who hadn't had these issues and had every single phone look different from every other phone.

I understand your point. Show me another company with a 350% markup with this many issues, and the same smug attitude about those QC issues.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sony, Toshiba, HP (palm) and RIM would all be good OEM additions...

HP/Palm scares me. How can a company pay a billion dollars for something and destroy it so quick (long time Palm user here and I am still upset over the HP/Palm fiasco)

Sony makes nice stuff, but I've read about update complaints in the past.

Toshiba would be a welcomed entry after seeing their WP7 in Japan.

Rim may come over if BB10 doesn't work out.

Just my 2 cents :cool:

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Why on earth would anyone expect HP to turn out a phone of any quality?

I feel the same way about Motorola but, I know they have a huge following. I just never had good luck with Motorola phones after my beloved StarTac. I was always a big fan of Nokia which is why I'm so glad they have a very desirable pair of phones coming out.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Sony. Their case designs are innovative (from the Vaio Duo 11 to the Xperia Tablet to the Xperia smartphone line), their screens are great, and I've had good luck with their build quality (a Bravia TV, a Vaio laptop, and a Playstation 2 that has never once hiccuped despite its age).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just thought of another:

Bang & Olafsson

Wow, that would be quite a phone (it's Bang & Olufsen btw). Shocking design, like nothing you have ever seen. I know them very well (wish I had some of their systems), even their regular phones are mind blowing design... The only problem it would be $700 more than any other phone on the market (not cheap)

I still would stand by Microsoft making a phone, their hardware is always top and best customer service from any computer hardware I have ever owned. They spend the time to do it right and a phone by Microsoft would be impressive.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd say Lenovo. They make some pretty nice PC hardware. Would like to see what they could do for a phone.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6