Getting impatient

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting impatient for wp8? I'm talking pricing (8X I've read $199 subsidized, but nothing from Samsung/Nokia for the US), firm release dates and not rumors (10/21 for 920 on AT&T, not confirmed), plus while the new phone lines from the the big three are awesome, I'm not so sure the form factor in terms of size will work for me.

I was playing with the Focus 2 the other day, and I really liked the way it felt. Too bad it is so slim on the specs.

The Lumia 900 is a really good size, and I'm guessing will be akin to the 8x. I'm also surprised nothing about the 7.8 update has come out in terms of a release in Nov or Dec Q4, or Q1 2013 or something like that. I'm tempted to sit tight on WP for a while to see how the ecosystem/OS/app counts evolve in the next 9-12 months and use my upgrade on something else using the my 900 to remain connected to the OS.

I'm guessing WP will get on the same page as Android in terms of new phones a few times a year. Oh well, at any rate, my two pennies are in the ring, chime in with yours.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Not really. I've known for months that it would be around the end of October. Plus I'm a grown man, so being patient isn't a problem.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm 37, fixing to be 38, and even though I know WP8 won't be here until the end of October or November, I am quite impatient.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm impatient. Very very I might add. Tired of this stuttering sorry excuse for a "flagship".

Plus, just last night, I got a step closer to Windows 8... ;)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Considering how quickly the technology market moves, killing off WP7 in June and then waiting until November to ship current OS and hardware is frustrating at best. I definitely am low on patience...

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if Im impatient, but I do know that Im checking every blog and constantly scanning forums for any info and pre-order can't come soon enough for me, Im doing this despite knowing that WP8 release date isn't until the end of the month..
I guess that makes me stupidly impatient?

I do know Im a geek though, the missus wants to go to Barcelona for Xmas, I wasn't that fussed over the idea, we could spend the money on better things. Then it occurred to me that Id be able to try the offline maps, city limits and nokia transit - suddenly Xmas cant come quick enough and Ive started looking for an additional battery pack for the 920 as I just know it will be very heavily used..

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Considering how quickly the technology market moves, killing off WP7 in June and then waiting until November to ship current OS and hardware is frustrating at best. I definitely am low on patience...

We've always known WP8 was due oct/november, about the same time as Windows 8.

There was never a good time to kill WP7, but surely the earlier the better, at least thats like 6 months warning. Imagine if they were still selling Lumia 900s today, without having mentioned about WP7 dying. The anger would be far worse.

Personally i'm hoping Microsoft keep quiet for another couple of weeks, then suddenly send out invites to all the press, and hit the world with a HUGE presentation, of Windows 8, Windows Tablet 8, Windows Phone 8, Xbox upgrade, etc. Saying everything is available tomorrow, worldwide.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
What difference does it make whether you have patience or not its going to come when it comes. If you willing to wait you'll wait if you're not you won't!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am excited for WP8, and I do want a new phone, so I am excitedly waiting for next month. We all knew that the launch was a ways off, but I do want to see these new phones in person.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Not really. I've known for months that it would be around the end of October. Plus I'm a grown man, so being patient isn't a problem.

Exactly. I think this comment should be posted all over the forum because it would cut down a lot of pointless threads and whining.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I'm not impatient, but getting annoyed about no pricing announced yet. I need time & a goal to craft my creative financing plan. Lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Really. The date has been set for months now.

MSFT hasn't been stalling, they haven't been moving it back, and it hasn't been delayed.

Write Balmer a letter. Maybe he'll release it early for you.

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
With the phones I am being patient since I knew when they would be coming out. It's the tablets that I am getting impatient with. I would like to know what the Surface RT is going to cost since it is out in 3 weeks. It's time to get one as well a new WP8 phone.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
With the phones I am being patient since I knew when they would be coming out. It's the tablets that I am getting impatient with. I would like to know what the Surface RT is going to cost since it is out in 3 weeks. It's time to get one as well a new WP8 phone.

Now I agree with you on the tablets. I can't wait to unload my iPad. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital