- 10-06-2012, 01:15 PM #1
1. Provide a week view of your calendar.
2. Ability to open password protected Excel/Word files.
3. Attach any kind of file to texts/emails.
4. Ability to attach files from Skydrive.
5. Ability to see things like drop-down lists in Excel files.
6. The equivalent of up/down/left/right arrow functions on the keyboard.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my Windows Phone experience and we have three in our household plus one Android. I also plan to buy WP8 devices off contract because of the new features / hardware coming. But there are few things I would like to see improved.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by dturpin1; 10-06-2012 at 02:27 PM.
10-06-2012, 01:32 PM #2
- 4,405 Posts
We'll probably find out at the BUILD conference at the end of this month.
I'd like to add that I want to see multiple Contact lists in the People tile so I can separate my work1, work2, and personal contact lists. Or if Groups in the People tile supported 250+ members each, that would work too.
- 10-06-2012, 02:02 PM #3
I would expect most, if not all, of those features. That is the supposed advantage of the shared ecosystem, being able to access things across platforms. As fare as a mobile device there will always be some limitations (except in the Windows Pro tablets), but nothing you are asking for seems out of the realm of mobile.
Attaching any files to email, the Skydrive options, and the excel/word requests had BETTER be included if they hope to get professionals to move their business from RIM and Apple.Thesaurus: (noun)- An ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary.
- 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM #5
I am really hoping these features are included. I have to believe MS is going all out to make the experience as good as it can be. Not being able to open password protected files really limits the usefulness in my individual situation. I know that is different for every person. The value proposition for inclusion of Office functionality native to the OS was to make the experience as close to the desk top as possible, or at least I thought that.
- 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM #7
Plus with the arrow, I mean like the up/down/right/left on a normal keyboard. Sometimes I am trying to place the cursor precisely and cannot do it on the current keyboard. I will either get the whole word highlighted or the cursor doesn't go where I need. For example, if I was trying to place the cursor exactly between the "e" and "a" in a word.
Thanks for you input.
Last edited by dturpin1; 10-07-2012 at 02:05 PM.
- 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM #8
As for SkyDrive, I know what you're asking for, and I believe it will be possible, but what you're describing is also an option, and I'm mixed on that as a solution.
- 10-07-2012, 10:03 AM #9
2. This would be convenient, although I admit I don't know very many people that use this.
3. Well it depends on whether or not you can save those types of files directly to the phone or not. Currently you can't, so no need to offer. See item 4...
4. Yes, I'm pretty sure this is now possible, although not confirmed. Given the level of increased SkyDrive integration, it's extremely likely.
5. I wouldn't bet on it... let's face it, it's a mobile platform better suited for viewing simple documents more than full-fledged editor. Stick with a tablet or bigger for that.
6. Tap-and-hold in the text block, and you get positioning option. Personally I hope it gets tweaked for simpler usage, but it negates the need for arrows when you know it exists.
- 10-07-2012, 12:30 PM #11