Welcome, Lumia 920: Superphone Will Probably Succeed While A Tech-Site Will Flop

Xaphoon148

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that the 920 is going exclusive, but hopefully coming to the other carriers soon...
But I'm sure that the 920 will do fine, it is after all the best there is...
Glad not to be dependent of which carrier having the 920, here in Norway it seems like all carriers are getting it. Or else we can buy it of contract and choose carrier later on.

Contracts are mostly for one year here...
Got only 21 days left of mine :)

And listen up Nokia, MS and all carriers out there!

Get Lumia 920 to the people!

(and what are this techcrunch-site gibbering about. Sorry to say, but there ARE markets outside the US...)

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you Xaphoon148. Although I do have AT&T and can get the 920 without having to change carriers it would be really nice if everyone could get this phone without having to switch carriers. I am hoping that this exclusive deal is only a short one, like 3 or 6 months, because Nokia and Microsoft need to get this awesome phone into everyones hands that want it and not force people from one carrier to another for a phone.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the 920 exclusive on AT&T is what the Mayans were referring to by ending their calendar in 2012.

At least one would think so based upon this forum.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting, because in the uk, you generally get a better deal by moving carriers. Exception being people who spend stupid amounts every month.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I have doubts about L920 sucess, it's looking like HTC One X, it's great phone and everybody says that they're going for it but turns out to be a failure. Don't get me wrong, I hope it does a massive sucess but I'm a bit pessimistic this time and WP8 is what concerns me, Nokia hardware by itself is trustworthy.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have doubts about L920 sucess, it's looking like HTC One X, it's great phone and everybody says that they're going for it but turns out to be a failure. Don't get me wrong, I hope it does a massive sucess but I'm a bit pessimistic this time and WP8 is what concerns me, Nokia hardware by itself is trustworthy.

The One X failed not because of its own failings, but failed because the S3 is a more worthy contender and the HTC brand has suffered from its previous Gingerbread offerings like the Sensation series while Samsung has only gone strength to strength with its Galaxy S2.

I don't pretend that the L920 will be a success. If anything, exclusivity will hurt it to some degree. Still, being in the main tech blog spotlight unlike the ATIV and the 8X bodes well for the Lumia. And I should add that the real deal is how the halo effect from the L920 will make people think positively of the Lumia series and they might commit to the L820 and the upcoming budget and midrange devices, especially the L510/L610 successors that are the volume drivers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)