Xbox live a essential?

TransitStop

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys so I just sold my Xbox last month and recently saw the beautiful lumia 920 for Rogers coming, my question is without a xbox account will I be missing a feature of the new wp8 os? I've never owned a windows phone I've had iPhone, blackberry and android and I'm looking for something to allow me to personalize my phone for me without the lag I.e android

gfunk84

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
To get the most out of the phone, you'll need a Microsoft account which includes a Free Xbox account (but not a Xbox Gold account which requires a paid subscription). Assuming your Xbox account was tied to your existing Microsoft account, you still have an Xbox account (which you should have revoked from your Xbox when you sold it).

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
To get the most out of the phone, you'll need a Microsoft account which includes a Free Xbox account (but not a Xbox Gold account which requires a paid subscription). Assuming your Xbox account was tied to your existing Microsoft account, you still have an Xbox account (which you should have revoked from your Xbox when you sold it).

That's what I was about to say... You don't have to have an XBox (be it a console or recent breakup with GF) to have an XBox account.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Xbox (or Live accounts as well call them) cannot ever be deleted. So just log in with the same credentials you used on your XBox and you'll retain all those juicy achievements you attained, only this time you'll see them on your phone. :)

TransitStop

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Xbox (or Live accounts as well call them) cannot ever be deleted. So just log in with the same credentials you used on your XBox and you'll retain all those juicy achievements you attained, only this time you'll see them on your phone. :)
That's exactly what I was trying to figure out, thanks! I can't wait for the lumia 920 to come out it needs to be sooner -_-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss