Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I Was thinking of upgrading my Windows 7 PC to Windows 8 on Oct 26th but i not sure yet, because they maybe some bugs for like the first month or so,so now i was thinking of upgrading maybe next month thats why i ask.

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    I recall reading it being available till january 2013.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    I recall reading it being available till january 2013.
    Cool, thats good enough for me

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jabz9 View Post
    I Was thinking of upgrading my Windows 7 PC to Windows 8 on Oct 26th but i not sure yet, because they maybe some bugs for like the first month or so,so now i was thinking of upgrading maybe next month thats why i ask.
    Go for it. I've been using it since the Consumer Preview; the RTM version is very solid, and they have already rolled out the first service pack. One of the things they did for Win8 was make it much easier to update the core pieces of the OS through their normal patch process.

Users can also wait for launch on October 26 to download the system onto their computers for $40, an offer price that will expire at the end of January. PCs running Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 will be able to upgrade to Windows 8.

Microsoft sets Windows 8 price, opens for pre-order - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets | NBC News

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    Yeah, thought I had read that somewhere. I'd want final confirmation that people sporting OEM Win 7 are capable of upgrading too, cos that's what I have.. There was some MS written article somewhere and the MS employee answered a lot of questions in the comments, but never the dozens of questions asking for confirmation if OEM OSs are eligible for upgrade.