Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By alansari_ammar
  • 2 Post By paulheu

Hi,

Apologies if I have placed this in the wrong section but this one seemed the most relevant. If not please direct me.

My company have been using BlackBerry as the business medium for a long time (as many others) lately they have started to look into alternatives as BB proved their security is no longer (to the promoted extend) provide the required level in addition to the poor performance of BB devices.

Our IT department have been testing iPhones (understandably) as an alternative mean. My question is if I wanted to introduce WP8 to our IT dept as another alternative, where is/are the best sources that talks about WP8 as a valid and secure mean to satisfy a business's needs, expert talks, analysts ...etc. I know WP8 is not out yet but based on WP7 and the expected improvements towards WP8.

Any directions/help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, Ammar from Saudi Arabia
    cedarlog likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    It's hard to answer your question right now, since WP8 isn't yet released. I'd hold out until late October, when the feature set is revealed.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    Won't know the majority of details until October 29th.

After working on blackberry tech I am definitely interested if MS has some kind of competition for BES servers. Also RIM also has "mobile fusion" which is a BYOD system that also supports Iphone and android.

I know microsoft is coming out with software to watch over win rt and WP8 devices. Also WP8 will have bit encryption and several other security features.

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    The integration of Windows Phone 7.5 and Microsoft Exchange is pretty impressive. Push email, full calendar and tasks. I'm sure WP8 will add remote wipe and encryption.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    You might want to have a look at the June Dev summit keynote which gives a way a number of business features. (and also this segment)
    Villain and brmiller1976 like this.

I really would like to thank you all for the input here. as it seems still not that clear and I will just have to wait til end of Oct to get the full scope. but again thank you all and will try to revive this post launch.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Global Posts
    1,768 Global Posts
    How are they looking to secure non Blackberry phones? Are they looking at third party products like Good Mobile Messaging? Or are they looking to just use ActiveSync. Simple email is just one piece of mobile devices, the biggest trend right now is having a MDM product for your device as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alansari_ammar View Post
    Hi,

Apologies if I have placed this in the wrong section but this one seemed the most relevant. If not please direct me.

My company have been using BlackBerry as the business medium for a long time (as many others) lately they have started to look into alternatives as BB proved their security is no longer (to the promoted extend) provide the required level in addition to the poor performance of BB devices.

Our IT department have been testing iPhones (understandably) as an alternative mean. My question is if I wanted to introduce WP8 to our IT dept as another alternative, where is/are the best sources that talks about WP8 as a valid and secure mean to satisfy a business's needs, expert talks, analysts ...etc. I know WP8 is not out yet but based on WP7 and the expected improvements towards WP8.

Any directions/help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, Ammar from Saudi Arabia

Global Posts
    1,588 Global Posts
    Native office should be a pretty strong feature to make them look at it.

you might need to contact one of windows phone team on twitter or something
    maybe @joebelfiore or @billcox

If you run a sizeable IT department, and are considering a WP8 device, then i'm guessing you have some sort of Microsoft contact for purchases, etc.

There must be some business contact that can give you this information, even if theyt can't send it till the 26th when its all officially announced.

If Microsoft are serious about business, they must some PDFs somewhere with everything described.