Xbox music "eventually" going to other platforms

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It IS a great idea. Lure them into the ecosystem. Why do think there's a Windows version of iTunes (however crappy it is)?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It IS a great idea. Lure them into the ecosystem. Why do think there's a Windows version of iTunes (however crappy it is)?

I think that exclusively having this on windows phone would lure them in. If I'm an iPhone user that likes the latest apps but have been dying to use my Zune pass on it, why would I switch?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Because there were far more Windows users when it was launched. Haven't heard of any great exodus to Macs just because of itunes on Windows. You'll get a few but no great numbers and that's what will happen with all these MS services, people will use them on their preferred platform and won't move because they don't have to, especially when their current ecosystem has everything else they need.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
This is dumb and another example of how Microsoft would rather sell to the other platforms than boost up their own. Heck, I might as well get an Android device. All of the Microsoft goodies will eventually get there anyway. Ridiculous.

PLUS, the only platform they are excluding is Windows Phone 7. Awesome.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This is dumb and another example of how Microsoft would rather sell to the other platforms than boost up their own. Heck, I might as well get an Android device. All of the Microsoft goodies will eventually get there anyway. Ridiculous.

PLUS, the only platform they are excluding is Windows Phone 7. Awesome.

No it's not its called a business and it can even act as a Trojan horse to convince people to use Microsoft products instead of Apple's.

The more products you can shove in-front of IOS users the better the higher chances they might potentially take to move over.

Menzlo

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I think that exclusively having this on windows phone would lure them in. If I'm an iPhone user that likes the latest apps but have been dying to use my Zune pass on it, why would I switch?
They don't want people with current music pass subs. They want people who don't have them. One of the biggest drawbacks highlighted in the comments of The Verge is that Xbox isn't multiplatform, so users with multiple ecosystems aren't compelled to switch over.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Our goal as Microsoft fans is to represent Xbox Music so that one day its bigger than iTunes that's the end goal. I don't care what platform its on as long as its better than iTunes cause I am dead tired of hearing about it when other services are better.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No it's not its called a business and it can even act as a Trojan horse to convince people to use Microsoft products instead of Apple's.

The more products you can shove in-front of IOS users the better the higher chances they might potentially take to move over.

No one will move over to WP when their current platforms have MS services on top of the advantages they already have in apps and ecosystem. The Trojan horse strategy won't work for MS when it hasn't worked for apple with the millions of iphone and ipod users who still use Windows pc's.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So... Microsoft release this stuff. People won't switch because they have access to Microsoft services from their current phones.
Microsoft don't release this stuff. People don't experience the services, don't switch as a result...

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't care if you switch from Android or not. IOS or not. This about making money.

Heck, depending on what company you buy your droid from, they are already getting a royalty for that too from the patent lawsuits

Sent from my Nexus 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon