Google+ for photo's

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Now I know at the moment there is no official app, which will hopefully change, but Im wondering if there is any integration at all on WP phones?
Im particularly interested in automatic uploading to my G+ profile of all the photo's I take on my new phone as that is where I tend to post images. At the moment I can select the photo I take, add comments and share straight away, as Id expect with an android phone.
Is it purely done through a web browser on Wp8, are there any apps to help the process Just trying to get a handle on how manual the process is so I can prepare myself for the new way of doing things...

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Now I know at the moment there is no official app, which will hopefully change, but Im wondering if there is any integration at all on WP phones?
Im particularly interested in automatic uploading to my G+ profile of all the photo's I take on my new phone as that is where I tend to post images. At the moment I can select the photo I take, add comments and share straight away, as Id expect with an android phone.
Is it purely done through a web browser on Wp8, are there any apps to help the process Just trying to get a handle on how manual the process is so I can prepare myself for the new way of doing things...

This is another app i would like to see in Windows phone...

In this growing time where i'm more and more every day becoming upset with FACEBOOK... i think it's a bad idea for a whole OS to lay so much stake in a specific social app.. for example iOS integrating FB and Twitter now...

i'd much rather see specific native apps we can just download..

i know windows phone has FB integration... that makes us all ask the question, what about Google + ?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I gotta be honest with you. MS and Google are fierce competitors and their relationship is not the best at this moment. If G+ is an integral part of your life then I don't think Windows Phone will work for you as a platform unless you are content with a browser version (if it works that way, that is).

This is another app i would like to see in Windows phone...

In this growing time where i'm more and more every day becoming upset with FACEBOOK... i think it's a bad idea for a whole OS to lay so much stake in a specific social app.. for example iOS integrating FB and Twitter now...

i'd much rather see specific native apps we can just download..

i know windows phone has FB integration... that makes us all ask the question, what about Google + ?
The reason both iOS and WP are integrating Twitter and Facebook into their OSs is because of the popularity of those social platforms. I wouldn't hold my breath for a G+ app on Windows Phone.

Last edited:

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It is an important part of my life, but it is just a part, I have a whole host of other issues with Android that will be solved by WP8 so swings and roundabouts.

I think google doesn't care who there is a G+ app for as they do one for apple, google's sole reason for existence is to sell information and adverts, Wp7.xx doesn't have a big enough user base to bother writing an app, hopefully WP8 will..

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I think google doesn't care who there is a G+ app for as they do one for apple, google's sole reason for existence is to sell information and adverts, Wp7.xx doesn't have a big enough user base to bother writing an app, hopefully WP8 will..
I agree about the user base aspect, but growth only comes with time. Not sure at what WP market share will Google say "Okay, we can finally make money on WP." For now it's hard to get anything Google related on WP. Look at YouTube as an example; no official app for it.

Alexander Steshenko

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

At the moment I can select the photo I take, add comments and share straight away, ...
Is it purely done through a web browser on Wp8,
Does this actually work for anyone? Clicking the "Browse" button does not do anything on my, just purchased, windows phone. I can post text, but I cannot upload files.
So far I see no way at all to share a shot I just took with "the people I care about most".

Is my understanding correct? Any workarounds known?

Thanks.

kylized

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I tried another web browser - UC Browser. Surprisingly I can make an upload of my picture with "Browse" button onto Google+ with UC Browser. I wonder why IE does not allow me to do so.

But the way UC Browser (or Google? I don't know) handles the picture upload is somewhat weird - I am able to see the picture I posted; but when I click on it, I expect a new page of picture shows up, but it never appear. Same weird phenomenon is present in desktop browser when I viewed it.

You can try and share what you see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon