What to do with my Nokia 900

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I got a Nokia Lumia 900 and a new AT&T 2-year contract in May of this year (after being on Sprint, AT&T is awesome!) I want to upgrade to the Lumia 920 and realize it will be $599. Any suggestions as what to do with my Lumia 900? I don't know anyone who has AT&T who would want it. Is it worth anything on EBay? Donate it somewhere? Paperweight?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I am just going to keep mine. Doubt eBay will get much. Was hoping the development with it would be more, and I would use mine for that. Just going to hold on to it. May be my mow the lawn/ fishing phone lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a Nokia Lumia 900 and a new AT&T 2-year contract in May of this year (after being on Sprint, AT&T is awesome!) I want to upgrade to the Lumia 920 and realize it will be $599. Any suggestions as what to do with my Lumia 900? I don't know anyone who has AT&T who would want it. Is it worth anything on EBay? Donate it somewhere? Paperweight?

If your looking to sell it id say ebay - youll probably get a couple hundred for it. Use that money towards new 920.

Im adding my Focus S on ebay any day now.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I'll have any trouble upgrading from the 900 to the 920 since I didn't develop an emotional tie to the 900 anyway. I like it but it never quite measured up. My first Windows phone, the HTC Arrive..I'm hanging onto it a while longer.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought about mounting mine in the car and using it as a permanent GPS / Media player kinda deal. You can refresh media/maps etc. wirelessly when at home when it's in the garage and it saves you unplugging and plugging your primary device all the time.

There are plenty of things you can do with it, most you probably haven't thought of because the device was too valuable to be used in one place.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm considering a move from Sprint. What about AT&T do you like better than Sprint?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I sold my unlocked Rogers 900 on ebay 3 weeks ago for 350. I posted it as used and a guy from Slovenia bought it. For my money through PayPal yesterday.

Ebay takes 9% and PayPal another fee. Definitely worth than nothing unless u want to keep the 900 as spare.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Donate it here. They refurbish some and resell them to benefit the charity, and some the refurb and give to women who are threatened by domestic violence so they can call for help etc.

National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering a move from Sprint. What about AT&T do you like better than Sprint?

Coverage where I live is much better with AT&T than Sprint. I could not drive around town and stream music with Sprint because it was buffering every 30 seconds. I also could not make calls, much less stream music, while in the gym. With AT&T the coverage is great and I can stream video with no buffering. The speed difference is night and day.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I sold my unlocked Rogers 900 on ebay 3 weeks ago for 350. I posted it as used and a guy from Slovenia bought it. For my money through PayPal yesterday.

Ebay takes 9% and PayPal another fee. Definitely worth than nothing unless u want to keep the 900 as spare.
not sure about now BUT couple months ago rogers lumia 900's were selling for a couple hundred over the at&t models (due to the unlock restrictions)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
If I had a recently purchased 900 I would hold on to it and use it with 7.8, and wait until prices on phones like the 920 go down a little.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
not sure about now BUT couple months ago rogers lumia 900's were selling for a couple hundred over the at&t models (due to the unlock restrictions)

Yeah I know since they were easily unlockable. Oh well, 350 isn't shabby at all given that I still have another 900 I use as my main phone.

350 + some cash = Lumia 920. That'll do :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte