Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mmacleodbrown
  • 1 Post By ironsoulreaver

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    As in all carriers will open the gates and let us know what's going on, here in Canada it seems that no company except Rogers is willing to tell us what model they will carry although we know that some companies will have at least two WP8 models... the wait is killing me
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    As in all carriers will open the gates and let us know what's going on, here in Canada it seems that no company except Rogers is willing to tell us what model they will carry although we know that some companies will have at least two WP8 models... the wait is killing me
    Not only is it killing me, it's starting to shift to just plain irritation. Let's go already MS.

Answer: We can only 'assume' at the moment that all will be ready to go.

Thanks

-Doc
    Actual location: Inside the system itself.

Vaporwaremagpolydilithium- What Surface is actually made of.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    I think the 29th is a looong awaited date for many of us WP fans and yes, I think we'll be set as far as finding out the remaining info on phones, carriers and pricing. It's like a TV show or movie: "It will all be revealed", LMAO!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    I think the 29th is a looong awaited date for many of us WP fans and yes, I think we'll be set as far as finding out the remaining info on phones, carriers and pricing. It's like a TV show or movie: "It will all be revealed", LMAO!
    On another subject I was you have a Focus (like me) what phone do you plan to get?

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    On another subject I was you have a Focus (like me) what phone do you plan to get?
    Probably the 920 but I won't be getting it right away. Need the money for other stuff that's more important at the moment. I will keep an eye out for any deals (e.g. Black Friday).

I also like the 8X (love the shape, thinness and colors) and 8S (really love the two-tone look), but the camera of the 920 has me drooling ;)

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I can't wait for the 29th, but I am not expecting anything amazing. But we will just see which rumors were true (small and large). :)

I think Rogers will be the only one to have phones at launch, and Bell and Telus will probably get a device or two later on.

Wind pushed the Radar and 710 so I expect them to get a couple of phones later on as well, but not at launch.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I think Rogers will be the only one to have phones at launch, and Bell and Telus will probably get a device or two later on.

Wind pushed the Radar and 710 so I expect them to get a couple of phones later on as well, but not at launch.
    That might be the sad truth, at this point I am really hoping to see any device on Virgin Mobile I'd settle for a 8S if I have to, since I have an awesome price and don't want to leave Virgin. My only hope is that being owned by Bell they follow on at least one device! If they don't I will have to get a phone and sell it then buy an unlocked WP8
    I really hope so as I have reached the point of no return with my backup phone.
    1st thing Im doing once my 920 is charged is throwing my atrix against the wall, then Im going to smash it into a million pieces whilst shouting manically with a huge grin on my face. I will probably attempt to stamp on it until it is dust, but Im not sure that will work!

Once that is done it will occur to me that I now only have my N900 as a spare phone, so I will have to go get a nokia 710 or 800 on one of the ridiculously cheap deals they have at the moment so that I have a reasonable backup solution

If you were living with the random lockups and phone freezes that Im getting as well as 4 hrs battery life, you would feel this strongly as well...
    aubreyq and db4williams like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmacleodbrown View Post
    1st thing Im doing once my 920 is charged is throwing my atrix against the wall, then Im going to smash it into a million pieces whilst shouting manically with a huge grin on my face. I will probably attempt to stamp on it until it is dust, but Im not sure that will work!

Once that is done it will occur to me that I now only have my N900 as a spare phone, so I will have to go get a nokia 710 or 800 on one of the ridiculously cheap deals they have at the moment so that I have a reasonable backup solution

If you were living with the random lockups and phone freezes that Im getting as well as 4 hrs battery life, you would feel this strongly as well...
    I pretty much have the same problem with my Droid X. I want to spike it as hard as I can onto a concrete floor. I hate that piece of $%^ phone!:mad:

Unfortunatly since I'm with VZW, I wont have the luxury of being able to get the 920. I will have to settle for the 8X or 822. :(

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmacleodbrown View Post

Once you come to terms with the fact that stomping on it won't turn it to dust, you can make your own episode of "will it blend".
    PappesHartley likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I doubt Virgin Mobile US will get any WPs. Virgin Mobile elsewhere might.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    well I hope bell is going to be there at launch cause if not I'll be switching my buy to a high end doid... switching to rogers isn't an option. (if you don't live in a major city your stuck with EDGE/2G on rogers)

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I doubt Virgin Mobile US will get any WPs. Virgin Mobile elsewhere might.
    Virgin Mobile Canada might since they are tied to Bell and even got the Bell Exclusive Red Galaxy S3 at the same time

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    well I hope bell is going to be there at launch cause if not I'll be switching my buy to a high end doid... switching to rogers isn't an option. (if you don't live in a major city your stuck with EDGE/2G on rogers)
    I live in a big city but I can't leave Virgin Mobile I pay 45 a month for pretty much everything (500 mb of data but it's enough for me usually)

Quote Originally Posted by db4williams View Post
    I pretty much have the same problem with my Droid X. I want to spike it as hard as I can onto a concrete floor. I hate that piece of $%^ phone!:mad:

Unfortunatly since I'm with VZW, I wont have the luxury of being able to get the 920. I will have to settle for the 8X or 822. :(
    My Droid X literally has to be plugged in to work. It will be ok on standby for an hour maybe, but I can send 1, MAYBE 2 text messages before it will kill itself if it's not plugged in. I'm taking a hammer to it.

But I'm switching to AT&T for the 920, so nah nah nah nah nah nah! :P

Quote Originally Posted by chriscookz View Post
    My Droid X literally has to be plugged in to work. It will be ok on standby for an hour maybe, but I can send 1, MAYBE 2 text messages before it will kill itself if it's not plugged in. I'm taking a hammer to it.

The X was a good phone in its day but having to go back to it after using the Trophy (gave it to wife since her Droid 2 crapped out on her) has really magnified its lagging issues.

Quote Originally Posted by db4williams View Post
    The X was a good phone in its day but having to go back to it after using the Trophy (gave it to wife since her Droid 2 crapped out on her) has really magnified its lagging issues.
    Mine is terrible. I agree it was good at first. Probably for a year, a year and quarter maybe it was good, but then it went downhill way too fast. Now it's unusable. The Lumia 920 can't get here soon enough for me.

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscookz View Post

Have you tried a new battery? Sounds like a battery problem to me. I will take it for the cost of shipping if you want. Don't destroy it.

Global Posts
    1,434 Global Posts
    The only excuse for the lack of release info is if MS says 'all phones available tomorrow!' at the end of their event.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    The only excuse for the lack of release info is if MS says 'all phones available tomorrow!' at the end of their event.
    Exactly we blamed Microsoft for announcing phones and then no release date of in 3-4 months (see Surface RT) if they announce availability at the end of the event and every carriers open the valves then I am good with this

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    They probably won't say "tomorrow" but they might say "in one week."
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    They probably won't say "tomorrow" but they might say "in one week."
    Or 'one more thing. We are buying Google.'

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heron_Kusanagi View Post
    Or 'one more thing. We are buying Google.'
    Yeah, right. LOL!