Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. jkrc717's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
       #1  
    Is there a way to transfer everything to your new phone when it comes out or do I have to download everything all over again?

    I have some expensive apps. This worries me.

    I came from Blackberry and it was so easy with Blackberry desktop manager/switch device.
  2. wpguy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkrc717 View Post
    Is there a way to transfer everything to your new phone when it comes out or do I have to download everything all over again?

    I have some expensive apps. This worries me.

    I came from Blackberry and it was so easy with Blackberry desktop manager/switch device.
    Contacts, mail, etc. will load automatically as part of setting up your phone. Sync your old phone with Zune Desktop before you switch, so that all your photos and movies are backed up. (Photos only auto-sync to SkyDrive as you take them if you turn on the feature.)

    You will have to reinstall all your apps, though. If you install Reinstaller first, you won't have to remember which apps you had.

    You will not have to pay for your apps again.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    As far as contacts go, I know you can use Bluetooth to do that because my friend did it that way when she got her Lumia 710.
    Thanked by:
  4. jkrc717's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wpguy View Post
    Contacts, mail, etc. will load automatically as part of setting up your phone. Sync your old phone with Zune Desktop before you switch, so that all your photos and movies are backed up. (Photos only auto-sync to SkyDrive as you take them if you turn on the feature.)

    You will have to reinstall all your apps, though. If you install Reinstaller first, you won't have to remember which apps you had.

    You will not have to pay for your apps again.
    Is "reinstall" an app?
  5. power5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,208 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,448 Global Posts
    #5  
    reinstaller is. And he updated it so its working again. Icon is a white box with a black downward arrow.
  6. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    As far as contacts go, I know you can use Bluetooth to do that because my friend did it that way when she got her Lumia 710.
    contacted are synced with the main email account
  7. jayruguitar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    reinstaller is. And he updated it so its working again. Icon is a white box with a black downward arrow.
    Can't find reinstaller in the store! Where'd it go?

Posting Permissions