Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chevans920
  • 1 Post By TenTwelve
  • 1 Post By Kebero

Last I heard ,AT&T was rumored to start preorder on the 26th of October. Does anybody know if that is still a possibility?

Seems like a possibility to me... would tie into a release of next Friday... although, with all the dates that I've heard, I'm not holding my breath for a pre order date. That doesn't mean that I won't be lurking around like a creeper :)
    Last edited by chevans920; 10-25-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    pandalove1027 likes this.

went back through the release rumor that was reported here as 10/10 scorching hot rumor/true

It stated that the 21st would be the announcement, 26 preorders maybe, 29th was WP event, nov 4 phones hit stores.

well... aside from whatever the heck the best buy thing was on the 21st, there was no official announcement. we do know the 29th event is right... and nov4th is a bit of a mystery since we have later dates from verizon and tmobile being tossed around.

I kinda feel like this is being handled on the fly to be honest... Not a well planned schedule.

there is evidence that something might happen tomorrow... but I wouldnt get my hopes up.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    If it's substantially further into November I'm going to be pissed!
    pandalove1027 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts
    I called in today to see if I could pre-order, and the CSR told me that while she could see the pre-order page, she couldn't load the pre-order system. So I think tomorrow is a good bet.
    TenTwelve likes this.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebero View Post
    I called in today to see if I could pre-order, and the CSR told me that while she could see the pre-order page, she couldn't load the pre-order system. So I think tomorrow is a good bet.
    I'm 1012 and I approve of this message. :D

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    I'm 1012 and I approve of this message. :D
    Well, now that you say it, I'm ready to go! :lol:

I'll patiently refresh attwireless.com and wpcentral.com every 10 minutes today, I'm sure... just to be on the safe side of things... you know.

bgr just published online:
    10:45 AM
    BGR has confirmed with multiple sources that AT&T (T) currently is planning to launch the much-awaited Nokia (NOK) Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8 on November 11th. The Lumia 920 will be also be offered in three colors at AT&T retail stores. BGR initially reported that the Lumia 920 would launch today, but it looks like the marketing was a little off.

I guess the wait is going to be longer:@

bgr just published online:
    10:45 AM
    BGR has confirmed with multiple sources that AT&T (T) currently is planning to launch the much-awaited Nokia (NOK) Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8 on November 11th. The Lumia 920 will be also be offered in three colors at AT&T retail stores. BGR initially reported that the Lumia 920 would launch today, but it looks like the marketing was a little off.

I guess the wait is going to be longer:@

It has to be said, this is a poor release strategy by Nokia, Microsoft and AT&T. If its one thing i respect about apple, is the fact that they dont waste time in announcing the availability of their products right after debut.

Nokia still has a long way to go in accomplishing this, alot of people i know are getting frustrated. It doesnt look good when you have a great product and people are waiting helplessly without any forthcoming information of communication on a realistic launch date.

This launch has been botched badly by Nokia and Microsoft. Its a shame really.

+1

Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts
    I called AT&T a little while ago, and still no dice on the pre-order.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De doublesman View Post
    It has to be said, this is a poor release strategy by Nokia, Microsoft and AT&T. If its one thing i respect about apple, is the fact that they dont waste time in announcing the availability of their products right after debut.

Nokia still has a long way to go in accomplishing this, alot of people i know are getting frustrated. It doesnt look good when you have a great product and people are waiting helplessly without any forthcoming information of communication on a realistic launch date.

This launch has been botched badly by Nokia and Microsoft. Its a shame really.

The problem is, it's only a long wait because you are someone who follows this world day by day. The vast majority of consumers won't even find out about this phone until preorders go up with AT&T and they get some in store for display.

So to us, it is taking a long time, for most it isn't. And the iPhone 5 may have gone on sale a week after it was OFFICIALLY announced. But Apple fans knew virtually everything about it and were waiting for months.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    The problem is, it's only a long wait because you are someone who follows this world day by day. The vast majority of consumers won't even find out about this phone until preorders go up with AT&T and they get some in store for display.

So to us, it is taking a long time, for most it isn't. And the iPhone 5 may have gone on sale a week after it was OFFICIALLY announced. But Apple fans knew virtually everything about it and were waiting for months.
    I think Microsoft and Nokia are missing a point here.... its better to release the phone and generate positive feedback among consumers who have no clue about what is a windows phone and Nokia Lumia 920 before Google comes out with its Nexus army next week. At least start pre-orders and marketing blitz
    I called AT&T a little while ago, and still no dice on the pre-order.

Well there you go, with microsoft touting windows 8 as the next big thing, what a whimper of a launch and release this has been.

I wont be surprised to hear how many people just couldnt wait and got an iphone 5. And obviously Nokia will be wondering why at the end of the year their sales of the lumia 920 are a bit slow.

The iphone 5 is launched and already out there, there are lots of people with money waiting for the lumia 920. How long will they continue to wait with no word of when they cant expect to have this much anticipated device in their hands?

This is proving to be marketing strategy gone bad and then they wonder why apple continue to rack up the impressive sale numbers

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiafan99 View Post
    I think Microsoft and Nokia are missing a point here.... its better to release the phone and generate positive feedback among consumers who have no clue about what is a windows phone and Nokia Lumia 920 before Google comes out with its Nexus army next week. At least start pre-orders and marketing blitz
    Did you miss the part where it was mentioned that preorders should being starting sometime this next week?

No I didn't...but the wait even for a pre-order is veryyyy long!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiafan99 View Post
    No I didn't...but the wait even for a pre-order is veryyyy long!
    Because you have been following it since day 1. 99.9% of the phone buying world has not.

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts

Dude, Nokia DID officially announce the Lumia 920 and it was covered by a good number of mainstream outlets (e.g. USA Today) and aggregators (Google News, Yahoo News).

If you recall, they got hammered - on the stock front - precisely because they did so with no details. People besides techies and analysts were paying attention as well.

This HAS been a long wait, and as a result, almost all of the holiday 2012 competing smartphones, tablets, and even Microsoft's Surface, Windows RT, and Windows 8 products are all launching ahead or just after Windows Phone 8's launch date being FINALIZED.

That's never a good thing. The same outlets that will cover the global Windows Phone 8 announcement on Monday covered the Nokia launch from several weeks back.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    Well there you go, with microsoft touting windows 8 as the next big thing, what a whimper of a launch and release this has been.

I wont be surprised to hear how many people just couldnt wait and got an iphone 5. And obviously Nokia will be wondering why at the end of the year their sales of the lumia 920 are a bit slow.
    Seeing as a lot of the countries that are doing pre-order have sold out (Italy, France, Sweden) I don't think it can be considered slow.
    Im as anxious as you to get my hands on a 920, but the launch can't be considered a whimper as WP8 hasn't been launched yet, Mon is the official launch date, so lets judge then..

I will be the first to admit that if we are told we have to wait until mid November for delivery I will be straight on here wailing and gnashing my teeth ;)

I'm a little disappointed it didn't happen today. Even if it isn't available for another week I would've liked to be able to at least pre order one and know I have one secured for the launch.

Did you miss the part where it was mentioned that preorders should being starting sometime this next week?
    Not from Nokia, MS, or AT&T though. How many times have we heard rumors about when it will be available for pre-order? At first it was when it was announced in September, which didn't make much sense as WP8 was always slated for end of October, but still, the rumor was there. Then it was Oct. 21st, nothing, except the BB debacle. Then it was Oct. 26th, which is today, and it's looking like nothing will happen.

In addition we have various launch dates that, while have not come to pass, still seem to be moving back. Nov. 11th now is a possibility, whereas everyone though Nov. 4 was pretty set in stone before. Again though, rumors rumors rumors.

Yes, WP8 will be announced the 29th, and we hope and pray it's the final announcement and not just another showing off of the new home screen and camera app because the rest of W8 launched last night/today. But until I hear official word from someone like Nokia, MS or AT&T, these rumors about "it'll pre-order xxx, it'll launch xxx" are just driving me crazy.

Here's hoping you're right about next week, but everyone's been wrong before.