This guy

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
A few things come to mind.
  1. Already the business forecasting companies have forgotten their predicted 2015 marketshares. Fickle, fickle, fickle.
  2. The September announcement did not help at all, and arguably caused the most damage. The presentation was grossly under-polished and, looking back, grossly premature. (To me the camara ad issue was a short-lived annoyance.)
  3. Exclusivity deals might have been the only way to get their product into some markets, but there are a whole lot of potential customers who are not happy about not being invited to the party.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Too early to tell, but as of today, I'd say yes from a profit point of view, and no from a brand recognition point of view. They also have the Surface Tablet on that list, and it's only been out what, two days? Also, what was wrong with clippy!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it remains to be seen whether the Nokia partnership will be successful or not.

That said though, this list is ridiculous. No mention of things that actually hurt MS, like the EU antitrust smackdown or letting IE stagnate while Firefox and Chrome took over. Instead we get Clippy. LOL.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
That said though, this list is ridiculous. No mention of things that actually hurt MS, like the EU antitrust smackdown or letting IE stagnate while Firefox and Chrome took over. Instead we get Clippy. LOL.
No kidding! Your examples are way, way better. And how clich? is to bring up Clippy, anyway?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven