WP8 tablet or W8 tablet with voice - Will you want one?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has quite a number of Android tablets with voice capability, the Galaxy Note 10.1 being one of them. It isn't exactly trendy, as most indicators point to data services like Skype being the future.

However, it is still pretty relevant today, and there's a market, if niche, for it, shown by the fact that Samsung continues to include such functions in quite a number of its 3G range. Given this context, will you want such a function on your W8 tablet?

Or going even further, will you want WP8 in a 7-inch tablet?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It is always better to have the option and decide not to use it than to have the need and not have the option. I certainly do not think the wait for voice capabilities will be long.

If Sammy or HTC would just drop a WP 8 Phablet at 5.0" to 5.5", I think that would be the best as the market is already proven. (My wife wants one- I think they are a tad nuts.)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care about voice on a tablet. If/when they make voice recognition that works almost flawlessly, then I might be interested in that.

I had an Android tablet for a while. It was useful, but I'm not sure it's anything I can't live without. I have a Macbook Air that I have with me most of the time anyway, and for everything else my phone is adequate. Tablets still seem like more of a luxury or a toy to me. If I didn't have two laptops and a smartphone it would be different.

Besides, I'm probably going to buy a Lumia 920, which has the same or higher resolution than most tablets anyway, which will make one even less necessary.

That said, if I were to buy another tablet, there's about a 80% chance it would be a Windows one. 19.9999% it would be an iPad and a 0.00001% chance I'd get an Android one.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Options are nice, would never use it voice and never used it other than to play around when i first got a windows phone. Gimmick to me and could care less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism