Are you F'ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Some complain about every move that Nokia makes, or doesn't make. They constantly want to pin blame on Nokia and praise other OEMs.

It's fine for them to like other OEMs. But the whining and complaining is getting pretty silly.

No prizes for guessing who you are talking about. All these delays are really frustrating, one can only hope that we don't get both delays and firmware bugs. If the product is awesome, this will all be forgotten.

I can empathize with those who need a new device, my poor girlfriend is using a blackberry without working data. I know #firstworldproblems :)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The basis for praise of other OEMs is simple... they are delivering.

If I was all about promoting other OEMs, I'd be cheering Nokia's moves, since it will result in a lot of Nokia sales going to other OEMs.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Funny that the loudest complainers claiming incompetence and idiocy on Nokia's part are the ones who had no intention of getting it.

Outrage about a release date for something they don't want.

Where are all the concise details about the Ativ S or even the 8X?

Speaking as an affirmed Nokia ******, Nokia has the most to lose with a lackluster launch. If the Ativ S sells 10 million units it'll be just one of several phones doing that for Samsung. HTC is recording lower profits--but profits nonetheless--with Android. Nokia is all in with WP and hasn't moved smartphones in good numbers for a while. It's entirely possible that the 820/920 launch could be the last their smartphone division sees: they can't afford to **** it up.

abailey535

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I'm reading in the forum, it appears that Nokia is not keeping up with the demand. Our friends up in Canada are stating that Roger store have only 1-2 920's in stock. What's the point of AT&T releasing 1 or 2 phone to a store when they can just wait until a larger shipment arrives.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So we all were misled. The October 29 event wasn't really a launch and more like part 2 of the June event. We will get over it. Microsoft is rewriting launch paradigms by feeding the pressure cooker of bent up anticipation:)

So much so that when the carriers open up the pre orders, many will sing adulation. Watch, there will be more than one new thread exhauting someones new [Insert Color] L920 they just ordered:)

Really, who is going to the stale OS which iPhone 5 or the glitch worthy fragmentation of Android?

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Actually, if you want to get technical about it, a "launch" would mean availability in the marketplace... Of which none of the OEMs have in the US, yet. Having a date, price etc, does nothing other than give you something to dwell on. What you're referring to is an announcement (to which, you are right - we can generally expect dates/prices and so on).

You know, When the Surface and W8 'launched' last week, they were both either available that nite at midnight or the very next day. So....yes, you and everyone else are correct.

Thanks

-Doc

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The basis for praise of other OEMs is simple... they are delivering.

If I was all about promoting other OEMs, I'd be cheering Nokia's moves, since it will result in a lot of Nokia sales going to other OEMs.

Tell me about how those OEMs are delivering on AT&T.

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I'm reading in the forum, it appears that Nokia is not keeping up with the demand. Our friends up in Canada are stating that Roger store have only 1-2 920's in stock. What's the point of AT&T releasing 1 or 2 phone to a store when they can just wait until a larger shipment arrives.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner. If they only have 2 phones per store in Canada, which someone that got one at a Rogers store said, then my best guess is AT&T is waiting on a firm ship/arrival date before the launch. People would be more pissed if it was "released" and every store has 1 phone.

I have had every iPhone up until the 4S and I have been waiting not so patiently for the 920. I got a Galaxy Note and $50 for my 32GB 4s a couple of months ago. The note is OK, but I REALLY want my 920. I think what frustrates me is the lack of even pricing and a preorder. I would feel better if I could preorder and they said sometime in November and you are guaranteed a phone when they are available. My business partner and I are on the same plan and he used his upgrade for the iPhone 5, but I will just hold on to mine.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I think a least AT&T should make some sort of announcement. As much as I am impatient, I will still get the phone, I will not leave AT&T. I want the phone and can't get it anywhere else, but I also cannot afford to go to another carrier (AT&T is much cheaper for my usage). However, I can drive other customers away. I have a friend who currently has an iphone 4s. As I was *****ing about AT&T he really started thinking how he hates AT&T. He is now all worked up about leaving AT&T. Whether he leaves are not, we will have to wait and see.

My point is, that the people that are frustrated certainly do not sell WP8, Nokia or AT&T. People that are not already excited about the product are more likely to stay away from something that makes one so frustrated.

Last edited:

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Even the UAE knows when they are getting the Lumia 920... One of the first times I can think of that the US will be the last to know when they are getting a flagship phone.

No a massive surprise since Nokia is in Europe; but still... Canada has it, Europe knows when it is coming, the UAE knows when it is coming, Verizon has dates, T-Mobile has dates...

AT&T... Hello? Bueller? Bueller?

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's what I was thinking: the UAE has info and we don't? Next we will be hearing that remote tribes in Africa are using it and we still don't even have a release date or pricing...frustrating!

Even the UAE knows when they are getting the Lumia 920... One of the first times I can think of that the US will be the last to know when they are getting a flagship phone.

No a massive surprise since Nokia is in Europe; but still... Canada has it, Europe knows when it is coming, the UAE knows when it is coming, Verizon has dates, T-Mobile has dates...

AT&T... Hello? Bueller? Bueller?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about how those OEMs are delivering on AT&T.

If the rumors of Nokia's inability to produce sufficient volumes are accurate, it would appear AT&T is delaying all WP8s to give Nokia breathing room.

So T-Mo subscribers will get our 8X devices in two weeks, while poor AT&T people screwed by the "exclusive" will have no confirmed date for WPs, and if they want a 920, might not get it until December or even next year.

Now please, tell me again about how brilliant this launch has been.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So T-Mo subscribers will get our 8X devices in two weeks, while poor AT&T people screwed by the "exclusive" will have no confirmed date for WPs, and if they want a 920, might not get it until December or even next year.

I'm not even listening to that sentence because it's just a rumor, and if it turns out to be true I may well just break down and cry lol.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If the rumors of Nokia's inability to produce sufficient volumes are accurate, it would appear AT&T is delaying all WP8s to give Nokia breathing room.

Now please, tell me again about how brilliant this launch has been.

I've never claimed a "brilliant" launch.

But I don't think a scenario that you made up in your head is reason to blame Nokia.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never claimed a "brilliant" launch.

But I don't think a scenario that you made up in your head is reason to blame Nokia.

You've persistently stated that the launch has gone well and that Nokia is doing great. You have claimed that all criticism of Nokia is unfair efforts by fans of competing OEMs to attack a smart strategy.

As for the "scenario made up in my head," the "launch" in the UK is preordering... there are few devices to be found there. And Rogers got 1 to 2 devices per store... perhaps 1,000 for all of Canada.

Why else would AT&T delay?

It is ironic. Ordinarily carrier exclusives hurt the OEM by limiting sales, but it looks like this one might hurt the entire ecosystem. And yes, that makes me very unhappy.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, is any WP8 device shipping in volume anywhere in the world?

For some reason, Nokia, Samsung, and HTC are scrambling to get it together for a full court press launch.

Not just the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6