Are you F'ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hardly any news on this press conference. I loved the Facebook live lock screen and the Pandora announcement. Kid's Corner we already knew as well as Rooms. Also, they didn't bother to talk about the notification row on the lock screen. Finally, no hard dates or prices for AT&T. Suppose AT&T has to announce it first. $50 for the Verizon 822 is cool. Other than that...WTF??

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea hate to say it but looks like I'm gonna stick with android and the surface. Just don't feel like they changed enough. Sucks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
"Launching" when the largest carrier for the launch didn't have dates or pricing? After all the other events with no information, leading up to this one where "all will be revealed?" It's a fail.

AT&T had better announce today, or the hangers on will start to drop off.

DallasFann

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Still no mention of availability from ATT but they at least had pricing from everyone else.
Still no VPN. Guess it looks like I may have to go to the dreaded Android or iOS to actually connect to an enterprise.
Another missed opportunity for MS. Maybe they should have spent as much time on WP as they did on Surface and Windows 8 and then maybe WP would have a chance.
I'm hoping something comes out at BUILD that makes it worthwhile to stay the course.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
"Launching" when the largest carrier for the launch didn't have dates or pricing? After all the other events with no information, leading up to this one where "all will be revealed?" It's a fail.

AT&T had better announce today, or the hangers on will start to drop off.
The "launch" was a misfire, that's for sure!

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am done!

I placed a preorder on Best Buy on October 21st.... well, they messed up, although the order is still in the system (as of today). I was patient and waited, since everyone stated that at the WP8 launch we will know more... I know now that I don't know anything. Some time in November....Screw AT&T, I am out... I will cancel the order and just get whatever smartphone I come across first.. This is ridiculous.... :mad: I am done waiting

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I placed a preorder on Best Buy on October 21st.... well, they messed up, although the order is still in the system (as of today). I was patient and waited, since everyone stated that at the WP8 launch we will know more... I know now that I don't know anything. Some time in November....Screw AT&T, I am out... I will cancel the order and just get whatever smartphone I come across first.. This is ridiculous.... :mad: I am done waiting

Excellent first post, welcome to WPC /s

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Excellent first post, welcome to WPC /s

Yeah, I wish it would have been a much more positive post... I am waiting for this handset since September and found excuse over excuse to push back on getting a new phone. I am at a point where I really need a phone (for my business) and can't wait anymore. The maximum bearable date would have been the end of this week. But since not even a date was announced for AT&T, I will have to pass on this one... Very sad, because I am positive that the Lumia 920 IS the best phone. These guys need to get their act together....

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Why are any of you surprised by this??? We all know MS and AT&T flop when it comes to launches. So why would it change now? lol

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BiTsvv_dlo[/YT]

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I wish it would have been a much more positive post... I am waiting for this handset since September and found excuse over excuse to push back on getting a new phone. I am at a point where I really need a phone (for my business) and can't wait anymore. The maximum bearable date would have been the end of this week. But since not even a date was announced for AT&T, I will have to pass on this one... Very sad, because I am positive that the Lumia 920 IS the best phone. These guys need to get their act together....

We all knew the release was this fall. How can you be fed up when we haven't even gotten into fall, really? Seems to me you're jumping the gun a bit because you couldn't contain your excitement or accept rumors as just that, rumors. This is why it is always dangerous to get excited about them.

I'm sorry the release date doesn't coincide with your need of a new phone, but the fault does not lie with Nokia or Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes