Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 115
Like Tree58Likes
  1. TenTwelve's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    514 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
       #1  
    Still no concrete date!?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  2. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    Still no concrete date!?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Wait for the OEM/Carrier to do that. Possibly even today.
  3. diapers's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #3  
    lol

    what was the big secret?
  4. diapers's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #4  
    lol

    what was the big secret?
  5. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #5  
    Nothing new actually. Just more info of leak stuff and Pandora.
  6. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #6  
    Hardly any news on this press conference. I loved the Facebook live lock screen and the Pandora announcement. Kid's Corner we already knew as well as Rooms. Also, they didn't bother to talk about the notification row on the lock screen. Finally, no hard dates or prices for AT&T. Suppose AT&T has to announce it first. $50 for the Verizon 822 is cool. Other than that...WTF??
  7. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuufly View Post
    lol

    what was the big secret?
    Seriously. I was giving MS the benefit of the doubt. So much for that :P
  8. kregstrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    #8  
    Yea hate to say it but looks like I'm gonna stick with android and the surface. Just don't feel like they changed enough. Sucks

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  9. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #9  
    "Launching" when the largest carrier for the launch didn't have dates or pricing? After all the other events with no information, leading up to this one where "all will be revealed?" It's a fail.

    AT&T had better announce today, or the hangers on will start to drop off.
  10. DallasFann's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #10  
    This is ridiculous. Still no mention of availability from ATT but they at least had pricing from everyone else.
    Still no VPN. Guess it looks like I may have to go to the dreaded Android or iOS to actually connect to an enterprise.
    Another missed opportunity for MS. Maybe they should have spent as much time on WP as they did on Surface and Windows 8 and then maybe WP would have a chance.
    I'm hoping something comes out at BUILD that makes it worthwhile to stay the course.
    aubreyq likes this.
  11. #11  
    Why would they have pricing for ATT? So much for premium carrier. Now, if ATT would of worked in a timely way like Verizon nobody would be all fussed up.
  12. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    "Launching" when the largest carrier for the launch didn't have dates or pricing? After all the other events with no information, leading up to this one where "all will be revealed?" It's a fail.

    AT&T had better announce today, or the hangers on will start to drop off.
    The "launch" was a misfire, that's for sure!
    brmiller1976 likes this.
  13. #13  
    I kept thinking they have stuff up their sleeves as Joe told me once. Of course he meant Jessica Alba!
  14. leo74's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #14  
    I placed a preorder on Best Buy on October 21st.... well, they messed up, although the order is still in the system (as of today). I was patient and waited, since everyone stated that at the WP8 launch we will know more... I know now that I don't know anything. Some time in November....Screw AT&T, I am out... I will cancel the order and just get whatever smartphone I come across first.. This is ridiculous.... :@ I am done waiting
  15. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    I kept thinking they have stuff up their sleeves as Joe told me once. Of course he meant Jessica Alba!
    Jessica Alba was a bit nervous, but she was cool. It would be killer marketing if she makes a TV commercial about Kids Corner. It would be stupid not to.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by leo74 View Post
    I placed a preorder on Best Buy on October 21st.... well, they messed up, although the order is still in the system (as of today). I was patient and waited, since everyone stated that at the WP8 launch we will know more... I know now that I don't know anything. Some time in November....Screw AT&T, I am out... I will cancel the order and just get whatever smartphone I come across first.. This is ridiculous.... :@ I am done waiting
    Excellent first post, welcome to WPC /s
    socialcarpet likes this.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Jessica Alba was a bit nervous, but she was cool. It would be killer marketing if she makes a TV commercial about Kids Corner. It would be stupid not to.
    She didn't really fit well for this product. She didn't learn her dialogues well either!
    aubreyq and nizzon like this.
  18. leo74's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Excellent first post, welcome to WPC /s
    Yeah, I wish it would have been a much more positive post... I am waiting for this handset since September and found excuse over excuse to push back on getting a new phone. I am at a point where I really need a phone (for my business) and can't wait anymore. The maximum bearable date would have been the end of this week. But since not even a date was announced for AT&T, I will have to pass on this one... Very sad, because I am positive that the Lumia 920 IS the best phone. These guys need to get their act together....
  19. budney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #19  
    Why are any of you surprised by this??? We all know MS and AT&T flop when it comes to launches. So why would it change now? lol

    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BiTsvv_dlo[/YT]
    willied likes this.
  20. chevans920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    189 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by leo74 View Post
    Yeah, I wish it would have been a much more positive post... I am waiting for this handset since September and found excuse over excuse to push back on getting a new phone. I am at a point where I really need a phone (for my business) and can't wait anymore. The maximum bearable date would have been the end of this week. But since not even a date was announced for AT&T, I will have to pass on this one... Very sad, because I am positive that the Lumia 920 IS the best phone. These guys need to get their act together....
    We all knew the release was this fall. How can you be fed up when we haven't even gotten into fall, really? Seems to me you're jumping the gun a bit because you couldn't contain your excitement or accept rumors as just that, rumors. This is why it is always dangerous to get excited about them.

    I'm sorry the release date doesn't coincide with your need of a new phone, but the fault does not lie with Nokia or Microsoft.
  21. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by leo74 View Post
    I placed a preorder on Best Buy on October 21st.... well, they messed up, although the order is still in the system (as of today). I was patient and waited, since everyone stated that at the WP8 launch we will know more... I know now that I don't know anything. Some time in November....Screw AT&T, I am out... I will cancel the order and just get whatever smartphone I come across first.. This is ridiculous.... :@ I am done waiting
    Why don't you get an iPhone 4s/5? It has great re-sell value so you can get the Lumia 920 when it comes out.
  22. bauerbach's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #22  
    They should just sandbag it and call the release date for like... November 31st. whatever, you need time, sure. but put the damn date on it...

    my best buy preorder is in, and I've already resigned myself to getting my phone no less than 2 weeks after whenever the actual launch is. see if I get it anytime in 2012 :/

    but whatever, not like there is any other phone out there that Im remotely interested in.

    If a simple month delay sways a person, probably weren't going to be happy with the windows phone anyway...
  23. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #23  
    Too many petulant children.
    Thanked by:
    socialcarpet likes this.
  24. firewall2302's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Too many petulant children.
    I think the point here is that for a launch that is so important to the future of a company they are sure letting another really muck it up.

    And, shame on AT&T for being so lackluster in their launch of the new Windows Phone 8 devices. This is a great opportunity to really get out there right after the Microsoft press event but instead I wonder why they're so quiet.

    The lack of real activity from AT&T (not a coming soon page) seems like they're saying they couldn't be bothered to actually care about anyone who wants one. Or, even worse, they don't care to get the people who are currently looking for a new device onto the WP8 platform. While those of us who really want a new WP8 handset will wait it out they're certainly not helping those people who are indecisive on an iPhone 5 vs a GS3 and could be swayed to the WP8 camp if they could just see the devices on the way.
    Winterfang and brmiller1976 like this.
  25. erzhik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #25  
    Microsoft should've pushed AT&T to announce prices and dates. Lack of that information for so long basically hurts sales of WP8.
    aubreyq likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions