Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Winterfang
  • 1 Post By allos autos
  1. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
       #1  
    Last edited by palandri; 10-29-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: fixed title
  2. theeboredone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #2  
    3 year contract? Man, I can barely get by with a 2 year lol.
  3. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #3  
    A most unfortunate topic title. I though it was a spammer for a second.
    Villain likes this.
  4. allos autos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #4  
    MobileSyrup doesn't provide a source and there is nothing about it on the Rogers website. All other sites reporting that the 920 goes on sale tomorrow cite MobileSyrup as the source (or Softpedia, which in turn cites MobileSyrup).

    Given the fanfare over the strategic partnership between Rogers and Microsoft, I highly doubt that Rogers's announcement of the 920's availability would consist of a non-cited leak to MobileSyrup. :-S

    Colour me skeptical.
    aubreyq likes this.
  5. Xsever's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by allos autos View Post
    MobileSyrup doesn't provide a source and there is nothing about it on the Rogers website. All other sites reporting that the 920 goes on sale tomorrow cite MobileSyrup as the source (or Softpedia, which in turn cites MobileSyrup).

    Given the fanfare over the strategic partnership between Rogers and Microsoft, I highly doubt that Rogers's announcement of the 920's availability would consist of a non-cited leak to MobileSyrup. :-S

    Colour me skeptical.
    What's tricky is that MobileSyrup quoted Rogers Chief Marketing Officer.

    They're playing with fire if he did not actually say that.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS
  6. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
       #6  
    MobileSyrup is usually bang on... I worked for rogers and read about the lumia 900 first on MobileSyrup lol



    also:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/rogers...indows-phone-8
    Last edited by Villain; 10-29-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: adding info
  7. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoon24 View Post
    3 year contract? Man, I can barely get by with a 2 year lol.
    canadian carriers always been like this.


    sign a 3 year contract, harware upgrades at the 2 year mark.
  8. allos autos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    What's tricky is that MobileSyrup quoted Rogers Chief Marketing Officer.

    They're playing with fire if he did not actually say that.
    Indeed. I can't find any corroborating evidence on @RogersBuzz or anything. Just a lot of confused would-be 920 owners asking for a comment on the MobileSyrup story. It looks like that if it is true that Rogers's CMO said this, he only said it to MobileSyrup.

    Sigh. This is why I always stress the importance of citation to my students.
  9. xxgatvolxx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #9  
    I cant see a launch for tomorrow, if we cant even see an official announcement. Mobilesyrup needs to update the piece or cite an actual source. As a Canadian I am excited if its true, but very doubtful as apparently no-one has been able to find one of these select stores.
  10. allos autos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    MobileSyrup is usually bang on... I worked for rogers and read about the lumia 900 first on MobileSyrup lol



    also:
    Rogers announce they are preferred carrier for Windows Phone 8, launches Lumia 920 tomorrow | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    Usually they are, yes, which keeps me from outright calling BS. WPCentral's article cites Crackberry, which I'm guessing got the information from MobileSyrup.

    Also, KW apparently does not have any of these "select stores."
    Last edited by allos autos; 10-29-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Made some calls
  11. TofuDelight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #11  
    Black only. Forget it!

    I hope the Toronto MS store will carry all the other colours.
  12. Xsever's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by allos autos View Post
    Indeed. I can't find any corroborating evidence on @RogersBuzz or anything. Just a lot of confused would-be 920 owners asking for a comment on the MobileSyrup story. It looks like that if it is true that Rogers's CMO said this, he only said it to MobileSyrup.

    Sigh. This is why I always stress the importance of citation to my students.
    Quote Originally Posted by allos autos View Post
    Usually they are, yes, which keeps me from outright calling BS. WPCentral's article cites Crackberry, which I'm guessing got the information from MobileSyrup.

    Also, KW apparently does not have any of these "select stores."
    Here's an update for you guys. Apparently there was some sort of presentation so this is looking more like a legitimate announcement.

    Rogers announce they are preferred carrier for Windows Phone 8, launches Lumia 920 tomorrow | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS
  13. allos autos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Here's an update for you guys. Apparently there was some sort of presentation so this is looking more like a legitimate announcement.

    Rogers announce they are preferred carrier for Windows Phone 8, launches Lumia 920 tomorrow | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    Don't get me wrong--I want the announcement to be legit (and for my local Rogers to get them). I just don't want to get my hopes up on a rumour!
  14. Xsever's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by allos autos View Post
    Don't get me wrong--I want the announcement to be legit (and for my local Rogers to get them). I just don't want to get my hopes up on a rumour!
    No worries at all. Just keeping you all updated.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS
  15. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
       #15  
    the selected stores would be Rogers Plus stores... which there is only 10 in all of canada. (most being in ontario).


    worked on tech support for rogers blackberry and only the rogers plus stores could do over the counter exchanges.
  16. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by allos autos View Post
    MobileSyrup doesn't provide a source and there is nothing about it on the Rogers website. All other sites reporting that the 920 goes on sale tomorrow cite MobileSyrup as the source (or Softpedia, which in turn cites MobileSyrup).

    Given the fanfare over the strategic partnership between Rogers and Microsoft, I highly doubt that Rogers's announcement of the 920's availability would consist of a non-cited leak to MobileSyrup. :-S

    Colour me skeptical.
    guess you were right lol :p
  17. weetigo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #17  
    Picked up my phone at the Rogers Plus at Garden City in Winnipeg at noon today. They had 2 in stock. It was still for sale when I left the store, but one woman was asking about it as I was completing my order. This is the same location that my reservation was suppose to be delivered to, but the staff hadn't saved it for me until I called.

Posting Permissions