46 of 50 tops apps for WP8 what 4 are still missing?

ShortStuff

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I just finished watching the keynote and something that got my attention was when microsoft said, with windows phone 8 they will now have 46 of the top 50 apps from other platforms on Windows phone. I think they announced some great apps today. Im especially happy to here were finally getting an official pandora app and temple run. yay! but it got me thinking what 4 apps are we missing out of the 50 apps. Here's my list of the 4 i think are still missing.

1.flipboard
2.instagram
3.waze
4.pinterest

what do you guys feel are the top 4 missing apps from the other platforms?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Whatever those 4 apps are, they will coincidentally be the 4 apps that Winterfang believes are the most important ones to have.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I could have sworn that I had read somewhere that instagram is coming to WP8. If you notice they didn't list all 46 so it is kinda hard to figure out what they are until it is released.

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What kid with an Instagram account is going to buy a windows phone 8 device. Sometimes you have to understand the basics of how people think. Every feature they introduced with WP8 was awesome, but the me phone forgot the biggest look at me social network that's most popular right now. Yes they want a kings ransom and they want Microsoft to write it themselves but if you tell me the one feature they need more than any other, its the feature that your entire target base of future buyers says they refuse to go without. You can give a kid all the toys he can imagine for Christmas and he'll still be sad if you don't give him the one he wants. Give them what they want Microsoft, or watch windows phone die!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if any of the top 50 apps are ones that have functionality that is pretty much already built into the OS.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
This is from a Verge article back from September:

Update 2: We're hearing from sources familiar with the situation that Instagram is not investing its own resources into the development of a potential Instagram app. This doesn't rule out the app entirely. Microsoft built its own Twitter and Facebook apps, ones that the company regularly updates. Of course, Microsoft would require Instagram's permission to publish images to the service, since only unofficial Instagram viewers currently exist outside of the company's own apps without an explicit partnership.

Instagram is coming to Windows Phone (updated) | The Verge

Sounds like Instagram are the ones holding back on developing the app and won't let others make one as well.

MA3LK

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Instagram pretty much essential with the large user base it has now, its like twitter with images. Hopefully an offical Tumblr app would also be in the works.

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
What kid with an Instagram account is going to buy a windows phone 8 device. Sometimes you have to understand the basics of how people think. Every feature they introduced with WP8 was awesome, but the me phone forgot the biggest look at me social network that's most popular right now. Yes they want a kings ransom and they want Microsoft to write it themselves but if you tell me the one feature they need more than any other, its the feature that your entire target base of future buyers says they refuse to go without. You can give a kid all the toys he can imagine for Christmas and he'll still be sad if you don't give him the one he wants. Give them what they want Microsoft, or watch windows phone die!

Words so true.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
According to an interview with TheVerge 4 top missing apps were

Instagram - Never understood the point just makes your photo's look old and faded. Would fire up an number of imaging programs on PC if I wanted to do that
Viber - Yep
Pinterest - Seems useless have a few lady friends who use it, seems like a virtual shopping list :?
Wells Fargo - Not in US so don't care

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
For most Instagram is about the social network aspect of posting pics more so than the filters though that is a novel thing for some I guess...

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
well Viber is on the marketplace, it might be a timed Nokia exclusive though.
theres also a Viber Messenger I dont know what that one is....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Instagram, Viber, Pinterest, and Wells Fargo are the missing 4

Source

Wells Fargo does not have a bank location within 100 miles of Cleveland, OH. A Wells Fargo app would be useless to me, since I do not do any online-only banking.

I would rather see a CBS Radio station app. Radio.com is available for iOS and Android. I like CBS radio stations in addition to Clear Channel radio stations. I would think that CBS would want more listeners, since they are competitors of Clear Channel, which offers iheartradio.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
If that is the case, then what's the point? Why not just share pictures on Facebook or Twitter?

Look I personally don't use it, but clearly there are a lot of people who do and like it's format. It's more of a twitter or tumblr blog type stream of pictures with comments. Apparently people like different things. /shrug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3