UK WP8 pricing

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So the EE website has gone online this morning, and you can order the 920. Shame they don't list it SIM free.

After all the talk of exclusivity, its not even prominent on their front page, you can find it if you look, but its obviously not very important to them :mad:

Whats the point of it being exclusive, if you aren't going to promote the %^&* out of it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So the EE website has gone online this morning, and you can order the 920. Shame they don't list it SIM free.

After all the talk of exclusivity, its not even prominent on their front page, you can find it if you look, but its obviously not very important to them :mad:

Whats the point of it being exclusive, if you aren't going to promote the %^&* out of it.

Yeah exact same reaction!

Under 4G phones they have two subsections: Phones and iPhone 5 - WTF!
And then under phones - you of course see iPhone 5 but no Lumia 920!!

But then you click see all devices and it's hidden somewhere. Their prices are ridiculous! If that's the only place I can get Lumia 920 from, then I might be waiting for US guys to start selling some stuff on ebay!

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
So just visited my local p4u and voda stores

P4u have got advertising up for WP8 and areas set-up for devices to be put out.
They confirmed that the L920 will be on EE only during their exclusivity period, and the 8x is available on all carriers.

The voda store had no displays set-up and basically told me that they won't be stocking any WP8 handsets until January.

So looks like i will be getting the 8x on voda contract via p4u.

leuvsion

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a 920 on EE (yup I bit the price bullet) however then found out its out of stock, even speaking to someone directly at EE over the phone confirmed its delayed 'for 2 weeks'?! has anyone else heard this, why is Nokia saying its out this friday if the only provider selling it says 'they have yet to recevie stock from nokia' ?!:mad:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I bet I read somewhere this morning that you can order it from EE now and it will be with you by Friday this week! Unless its the case where they've sold out the initial stock already?! :O
What plan did you opt for if you don't mind me asking? ;)

Anyone knows how long is this exclusivity period for? Not till Jan! That will kill it all for UK. As it is Windows Phone aren't that popular as USA.

leuvsion

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I bet I read somewhere this morning that you can order it from EE now and it will be with you by Friday this week! Unless its the case where they've sold out the initial stock already?! :O
What plan did you opt for if you don't mind me asking? ;)

Anyone knows how long is this exclusivity period for? Not till Jan! That will kill it all for UK. As it is Windows Phone aren't that popular as USA.
Im afraid someone would ask, I went with the 8GB data as I thought if im paying a silly amount i may aswell have something to show for it :D

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
?56/month for 2 years!! Man, that is expensive. I calculated it and thought I could get 2 Lumia 920s for that price and may be a HTC 8S too! ;)

leuvsion

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
yea I did go for the silly option, however 8GB 4G to tether to all my devices sounds too good, there wasnt a huge differnce between the data packages price wise theres ?15 differnce between the smallest (1GB) and the largest (8GB) the fact im getting 4G coverage at home, work and my friends houses helps allot :) ...... huge nokia ****** might have something to do with it to :p

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That is a huge commitment for me really, but nevertheless super tempting! If I can't get my hands on Lumia 920 for ?460, I am probably giving in to EE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa