UK WP8 pricing

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
We've heard how Windows Phone 8 is all about you, and seen all the devices bearing the new OS at launch. What's left, however, is where you can get one on the other side of the pond and, more importantly, how much it's going to cost you. Nokia has separately announced that both the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 will be launching in the UK (and France) later this week. More specifically, though, it looks like every UK carrier will be getting at least three handsets, with the almost-ready-to-launch EE getting both of HTC and Nokia's handset pairs. We've got all the (current) pricing details and availability dates after the break.

Windows Phone 8 handset UK availability and pricing detailed: free starting from ?21 per month -- Engadget

Dig deep folks...

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I thought maybe more networks would get the Lumia 820.

Maybe tomorrow will bring more pricing information, I am interested in the sim free prices too.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
More info : Nokia UK tweeted ' Lumia 920 from EE and Phones 4 u from 2nd November'.

Also 'Lumia 820 from 7th November at CPW, EE, Phones 4U, Tesco and o2'

Odd that 3uk and Vodafone aren't mentioned for the 820.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
More info : Nokia UK tweeted ' Lumia 920 from EE and Phones 4 u from 2nd November'.

Also 'Lumia 820 from 7th November at CPW, EE, Phones 4U, Tesco and o2'

Odd that 3uk and Vodafone aren't mentioned for the 820.

4PU are only selling it on EE's contracts as far as I know.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, seems phones 4 u are going to get the Lumia 920 in every colour but locked to EE.

This wont go down well!

The only hope is that Clove etc will sell it sim free.

I am on the look out for a sim free L820.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
They should but I am wondering if they may have to wait until EE's exclusivity period is over? (For the 920)

I feel selling it sim free the only way Nokia can sell this 920 in enough numbers, more than half the country will not have 4G until mid to late 2013. Who would want to pay 4G prices for a 3G service?

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Link
link2

P4U usually do sim free, but more expensive than other sites. Still a lot of confusion over where this can be bought sim free but at least it is out now, so deals should start popping up on the web

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
How can the droid fans live with no LTE? Aren't droids supposed to be the best phones ever with the best specs on the land to run the buggy ICS and Beans?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
However, the best part of this launch is - even 6 hours after the actual event, Windows Phone 8 is trending world wide. Not a word about this new Nexus.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Also its ?279 for only 4 inches phone with quad-core. Ordinary 8 MP camera and 1.3 FFC. Those specs for 16 GB android are about right. You can't compare that to super sensitive touch screen, NFC, LTE, OIS, Pureview phone!

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
EE's data plans UK's 4G Mobile Network | Fibre Broadband | EE

So ?46 a month gets you 3gb of data and according the phones 4u you pay ?19.99 towards the phone. You can in theory pay more for the phone and get the cheaper monthly plan for less data. Most likely the 500mb plan wouldn't be enough so at a minimum the 1gb one for ?41 seems the most reasonable if you want to go with EE.

I don't lol

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Also its ?279 for only 4 inches phone with quad-core. Ordinary 8 MP camera and 1.3 FFC. Those specs for 16 GB android are about right. You can't compare that to super sensitive touch screen, NFC, LTE, OIS, Pureview phone!

But the 920 is ?470. That's a big difference. The closest Windows phone would be the HTC 8X but that is still ?399. For a new platform with limited app support why would the average consumer buy a Windows 8 phone? They have overpriced them for the market.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
For extra ?190 - you are getting Pureview, OIS, Supersensitive screen, Exclusive apps, LTE, NFC. Those hardwares alone justify about ?100-?120 to me!

Plus LG build quality v/s Nokia build quality! - come on, pay at least ?30 more for premium make! Lumias don't die!

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
For extra ?190 - you are getting Pureview, OIS, Supersensitive screen, Exclusive apps, LTE, NFC. Those hardwares alone justify about ?100-?120 to me!

Plus LG build quality v/s Nokia build quality! - come on, pay at least ?30 more for premium make! Lumias don't die!

The LG has NFC, a Sony OIS and exclusive apps make a difference in the Windows ecosystem, they mean less than nothing when comparing *across* wp and android.

That leaves pureview , LTE and a super sensitive screen - there is no LTE outside of major cities at the moment and recent upgrades to the 3g network mean that most people would be better off with a much cheaper but not much slower unlimited data package.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99