Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 123
Like Tree46Likes
  1. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nizzon View Post
    Compared to Android and iOS its harder to find every notification, so the contention that its more glanse and go is just wrong. Androids and IOS just look at one place for everything, we have to scroll and look at every Tile (now this will improve with the new startscreen, thats a great move by MS) but if the app isnt even pinned then we have to enter the app. How is that faster/better than the competition, as they are advertising it? It isnt. And I wont see any missed toast on any Tile.
    If the app isn't pinned - it isn't important to you. If it isn't important to you, it has no space on your phone, that is made FOR YOU! That is the whole idea behind it. Whatever you like, love, care about - pin it. Be your mum, your wife, your kids, your school, a boobs app, whatever! If it's not pinned, you don't care. If you don't care, you don't need to bother about notification anyway.

    It is faster and better before if you put down a tile for an app/person that you need more info for i.e. not just 1 new notification but "1 new like" or whatever it does - than you give it more room. On the other hand if you just need to see numbers, you make it the smallest possible size and pin it! You choose how much and where you want to be notified. For example, WPC app for me is pinned right at the bottom and I do get a number count for all new articles as they are published in "News" section. But it isn't so much important to me as my girlfriends texts so her picture is right on top! I can prioritize what notification is important to me and look at it when I want. That is glance and go. I don't have to keep being reminded every time a new article is published, but yes I like to see it once in a day so I can still get notifications accumulating on the tile right at the bottom. I will scroll there to see it when I WANT IT!
  2. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #27  
    Added in some new ones from your suggestions, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliNSiddiqui View Post
    Q. Does the WiFi stay on when the screen goes to sleep?

    A. Not on my device, but it sounds like the ones with Data Sense enabled may have a different story.
    Keep us posted!

    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    This list isn't a list of flaws identified in the system. This list is the list of your personal choices that MSFT did not address even after you wrote numerous post cards to them.
    Notice this post is called Problems & Suggestions. I didn't claim everything here was an underlying, dealbreaking flaw. That said, rockstar, it is ridiculous for you to pretend they are all "personal opinion". That's a disingenuous argument since you can use it for any criticism, because you appear completely happy with Windows Phone.

    You can say what you want, but many of the flaws, yes, flaws here have been picked up by reviewers (finally) and I suggest you look around past review scores and you'll find them. Writing "nuh nuh nuh Microsoft tells me to do it this way and your way is stupid and unnecessary" does not solve anything.

    If you continue trying to spark up arguments and derailing the thread, I'll ask a mod to remove the said comments. Thanks.
    Last edited by irlju; 10-30-2012 at 07:49 PM.
  3. #28  
    Please do more threatening and reporting to mod and be my guest.

    If you really feel that talking to people about stuff will spark up arguments, probably public forums aren't your thing either?

    Don't go on judging me mate. As far as reviews go, we've read more reviews and discussed them that you would imagine. But that's not the point. If you think your opinion is valid, so is mine. Learn to agree to disagree. This is a public forum, not your living room.
  4. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    If you really feel that talking to people about stuff will spark up arguments, probably public forums aren't your thing either?
    You're not "talking to people about stuff". You're calling people FUD-spreaders. This thread was not created for you to come pick a fight. It was created for legitimate problems and suggestions (which, you apparently cannot seem to grasp) to be shared. It's a checklist that we can go through for future updates.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Don't go on judging me mate.
    Rich, coming from you.
  5. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    You're not "talking to people about stuff". You're calling people FUD-spreaders. This thread was not created for you to come pick a fight. It was created for legitimate problems and suggestions (which, you apparently cannot seem to grasp) to be shared. It's a checklist that we can go through for future updates.


    Rich, coming from you.

    Some info being FUD and calling someone FUD spreaders totally different, but whatever helps you mate! If this is how you fight, I don't even want to know what discussion really is for you. What I am seeing your grasp here is, someone who did not agree on "your" problems being problems. I'm glad you can find so many problems and wish you luck with bringing in so many suggestions. I think, I think I made a suggestion of even voicing your concerns on the UserVoice - that is where MSFT will probably benefit from. Since you are so concerned about suggesting stuff, I would even be happy to put links to your suggestions on uservoice as my signature. Please do feel free after feeding this suggestions to the right channel as that is the main aim of the thread. I will be so indebted by the benefits I can reap as a result of your fruitful efforts in the way I suggested.
  6. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    If this is how you fight, I don't even want to know what discussion really is for you.
    I'm not fighting a holy war with you. I disagree with absolutely every point you made against my points, and that is why I didn't make any changes to my list. If you can convince me, and others that your points are valid, then I will make the changes. All you have countered with is "Microsoft tells you to do it this way" and "you don't even need this". That is not valid criticism.

    Just for you though, I clarified "orientation lock" to "system-wide orientation lock". I thought that would be obvious when we are in the "OS discussion" forum.

    EDIT: I also clarified "always download images" for email, I want it as an option and it is not impossible for Microsoft to implement an "only on WiFi" option for it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    I think, I think I made a suggestion of even voicing your concerns on the UserVoice - that is where MSFT will probably benefit from.
    I've made it perfectly clear to you the purpose of this thread. I have no interest in dumping a crap load of suggestions into UserVoice, many of these are already there and you are not supposed to submit a laundry list of ideas.

    Since you obviously don't like this thread, you are welcome to leave it. If you think it is pointless and stupid, report it to moderators.
    Last edited by irlju; 10-30-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    nizzon likes this.
  7. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    982 Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    Bad alarm management - far too many apps now force presets on a user. Life isn't strictly routine. Sometimes an alarm is needed once-off, and the user shouldn't have to go through a multi-field input screen to do this.
    Really? Are all the alarm apps really that bad? And the built-in alarm sucks? [No sarcasm here. I don't own a Windows Phone {yet}] Maybe the marketplace DOES have room for me to make a nice little alarm app... not that I have any clue what's needed.

    Orientation lock is a must! I wake up and go to bed checking news on my phone fairly often, and I had to tell my Android to stop rotating the dang screen so I could read the webpage articles. I suppose the solution for this particular situation is a 3rd party browser app that has orientation lock. If that doesn't exist, I'll make one.
  8. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    #33  
    Does anyone know if you can finally clear the history in the Music & Video hub?
  9. AliNSiddiqui's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Really? Are all the alarm apps really that bad? And the built-in alarm sucks? [No sarcasm here. I don't own a Windows Phone {yet}] Maybe the marketplace DOES have room for me to make a nice little alarm app... not that I have any clue what's needed.

    Orientation lock is a must! I wake up and go to bed checking news on my phone fairly often, and I had to tell my Android to stop rotating the dang screen so I could read the webpage articles. I suppose the solution for this particular situation is a 3rd party browser app that has orientation lock. If that doesn't exist, I'll make one.
    Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that IE10 is the only browser that you can use on WP8. No third party browsers.
  10. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Really? Are all the alarm apps really that bad? And the built-in alarm sucks? [No sarcasm here. I don't own a Windows Phone {yet}] Maybe the marketplace DOES have room for me to make a nice little alarm app... not that I have any clue what's needed.
    I use the built in alarm app. It's honestly not bad, I'm fine with it. I just find that the default alarm app is designed to assume you are going to assign some preset times for alarms, same with the Timer app I use. Back on the dumbphone, alarms and timers were often easily configurable. I guess I'll take a look at third party alarms.

    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can finally clear the history in the Music & Video hub?
    I'll add this to the list until someone can confirm otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by AliNSiddiqui View Post
    Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that IE10 is the only browser that you can use on WP8. No third party browsers.
    You won't be able to use another rendering engine. Developers can still built custom interfaces around the IE core, similar to how Chrome for iOS actually uses Safari rendering (in fact, it uses a crappier version of Safari's engine).
  11. xcharles718's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    ...You won't be able to use another rendering engine. Developers can still built custom interfaces around the IE core, similar to how Chrome for iOS actually uses Safari rendering (in fact, it uses a crappier version of Safari's engine).
    Is it not technically feasible in WP8, or is it just that Marketpla....er...Store wouldn't allow it?
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D
  12. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcharles718 View Post
    Is it not technically feasible in WP8, or is it just that Marketpla....er...Store wouldn't allow it?
    Pretty much anything is technically feasible, I know native Opera got ported across to WP7 for hacked devices. Store would block it.
  13. xcharles718's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    Pretty much anything is technically feasible, I know native Opera got ported across to WP7 for hacked devices. Store would block it.
    I remember hearing about that back when I had the Titan. With the HW-based security "features" of WP8, such things doesn't seem to be an option anyone. Well, at least for the time being...
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D
  14. nizzon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    If the app isn't pinned - it isn't important to you. If it isn't important to you, it has no space on your phone, that is made FOR YOU! That is the whole idea behind it. Whatever you like, love, care about - pin it. Be your mum, your wife, your kids, your school, a boobs app, whatever! If it's not pinned, you don't care. If you don't care, you don't need to bother about notification anyway.

    It is faster and better before if you put down a tile for an app/person that you need more info for i.e. not just 1 new notification but "1 new like" or whatever it does - than you give it more room. On the other hand if you just need to see numbers, you make it the smallest possible size and pin it! You choose how much and where you want to be notified. For example, WPC app for me is pinned right at the bottom and I do get a number count for all new articles as they are published in "News" section. But it isn't so much important to me as my girlfriends texts so her picture is right on top! I can prioritize what notification is important to me and look at it when I want. That is glance and go. I don't have to keep being reminded every time a new article is published, but yes I like to see it once in a day so I can still get notifications accumulating on the tile right at the bottom. I will scroll there to see it when I WANT IT!
    Did you even read my whole post?
    Obviously Whatsapp and Viber is very important to me WHEN I GET A MESSAGE, but I only do so two or thre times a month, if even that, so I dont want them on my startscreen. Dont you see the dilemma?
    Im done with you, its like talking to a fukkin rock. You just cant grasp that some people want more precision.
  15. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by nizzon View Post
    Did you even read my whole post?
    Obviously Whatsapp and Viber is very important to me WHEN I GET A MESSAGE, but I only do so two or thre times a month, if even that, so I dont want them on my startscreen. Dont you see the dilemma?
    Im done with you, its like talking to a fukkin rock. You just cant grasp that some people want more precision.
    Well you can always shrink the tile down to a small square now in WP8.
  16. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    Well you can always shrink the tile down to a small square now in WP8.
    I think that with a toast in a notification list, you can fit in a lot more useful information about the notification and why the user would want to act on it than with a small tile. A number next to Whatsapp doesn't tell me much, but a little one-line preview of a message as well as knowing that it was sent by my best friend might compel me to take action - kind of the point of a toast notification in the first place. I would be fine if it was limited to social and communication apps, as long as third party apps can plug into it. That would fit right in with the whole people-centric focus, and that's really all I'd need a notification centre for. People are obviously more important to me than the next news story posted by Engadget. That stuff can stick to a tile halfway down my start screen.
  17. nizzon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    Well you can always shrink the tile down to a small square now in WP8.
    Yes that is better. Toasts are still mysterious from time to time.
  18. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    I think that with a toast in a notification list, you can fit in a lot more useful information about the notification and why the user would want to act on it than with a small tile. A number next to Whatsapp doesn't tell me much, but a little one-line preview of a message as well as knowing that it was sent by my best friend might compel me to take action - kind of the point of a toast notification in the first place. I would be fine if it was limited to social and communication apps, as long as third party apps can plug into it. That would fit right in with the whole people-centric focus, and that's really all I'd need a notification centre for. People are obviously more important to me than the next news story posted by Engadget. That stuff can stick to a tile halfway down my start screen.
    Well you'd be going into the app anyways to do what you gotta do right? In this case responding to a message? The only use I can see is if there was inline manipulation of that toast, e.g. app functionality available within the notification center itself. Other than that it's a difference of priority between MS's view and iOS or Android's; active vs. passive.

    If you want to ignore your other friends in Whatsapp you still can, or perhaps it should be up to the developer to rewrite their app so that you can prioritize what live tile information you receive (in this case your best friend or a few friends), no? It's kind of a fine line to blame the OS vs. blaming the developer for programming outside the iOS Android paradigm.
  19. TJWINS's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by AliNSiddiqui View Post
    Guys, Adam just confirmed that WP8 doesn't have persistent Wi-Fi. You can check my comment on his review here:

    Windows Phone 8 Review | Pocketnow

    This is what I asked and what he said:

    Q. Does the phone have system wide orientation lock?

    A. No, and it's still weird how some apps rotate orientation and some don't.

    Q. Does the WiFi stay on when the screen goes to sleep?

    A. Not on my device, but it sounds like the ones with Data Sense enabled may have a different story.
    What's the name of the app that keeps wifi on at all times?
  20. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    Well you'd be going into the app anyways to do what you gotta do right? In this case responding to a message? The only use I can see is if there was inline manipulation of that toast, e.g. app functionality available within the notification center itself. Other than that it's a difference of priority between MS's view and iOS or Android's; active vs. passive.
    Toasts can be easily missed. The point of a "notification centre", as a broad term that I will apply to what I'm suggesting here as well, is that you don't have to jump into apps to see what's going on. You decide based on the notifications whether you will jump into the app. If I use several social networks and several chat clients, I don't want to poke into all of them to see what's happening. Microsoft already encourages the integration of multiple networks into a single list through the "what's new" sections and the Me tile's "notifications" pivot. This is a case where you cannot say that I'm trying to tack on an iOS or Android paradigm, it's right in line with what Microsoft is doing.

    Inline manipulation would be cool. I don't think it has to be absolutely full-blown, but maybe tapping it shows the entire message or something. As for the latter paragraph, it's not so much that I want to ignore others, it's that I'd prioritise when I'd look at it. If I got a message and I can see urgency in the first line of the message, I might go to it immediately.
  21. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    Toasts can be easily missed. The point of a "notification centre", as a broad term that I will apply to what I'm suggesting here as well, is that you don't have to jump into apps to see what's going on. You decide based on the notifications whether you will jump into the app. If I use several social networks and several chat clients, I don't want to poke into all of them to see what's happening. Microsoft already encourages the integration of multiple networks into a single list through the "what's new" sections and the Me tile's "notifications" pivot. This is a case where you cannot say that I'm trying to tack on an iOS or Android paradigm, it's right in line with what Microsoft is doing.

    Inline manipulation would be cool. I don't think it has to be absolutely full-blown, but maybe tapping it shows the entire message or something. As for the latter paragraph, it's not so much that I want to ignore others, it's that I'd prioritise when I'd look at it. If I got a message and I can see urgency in the first line of the message, I might go to it immediately.
    Very true. I sell cellphones and one thing that Android phones have that I love is the notification center. Not only because you can see all system and app messages in one swype, but also because you can turn on/off wifi, data, Bluetooth, etc. very quickly. Since Windows phones like to try to emphasize speed, I think that it would be a very good feature to.

    Your idea is a good one too. They could easily implement it into the Me tile or add it as a Left screen swype:

    Like this:

    Notification Center < Main Screen > Apps

    It would still have the metro style.

    As a side note though, it's not a large enough of a feature to keep me away from WinPho 8, but It would definitely be a plus in my book.
    AngryNil likes this.
  22. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    Toasts can be easily missed. The point of a "notification centre", as a broad term that I will apply to what I'm suggesting here as well, is that you don't have to jump into apps to see what's going on. You decide based on the notifications whether you will jump into the app. If I use several social networks and several chat clients, I don't want to poke into all of them to see what's happening. Microsoft already encourages the integration of multiple networks into a single list through the "what's new" sections and the Me tile's "notifications" pivot. This is a case where you cannot say that I'm trying to tack on an iOS or Android paradigm, it's right in line with what Microsoft is doing.

    Inline manipulation would be cool. I don't think it has to be absolutely full-blown, but maybe tapping it shows the entire message or something. As for the latter paragraph, it's not so much that I want to ignore others, it's that I'd prioritise when I'd look at it. If I got a message and I can see urgency in the first line of the message, I might go to it immediately.
    Oh no, I totally understand what you were getting at with a notification center, but I'm saying if you decide to or not, you're most likely still going to be jumping into the app to do some kind of action. And now with fast resume it should be a bit easier/faster. It's why I said it's kind of active vs. passive. I do understand how having a more granular, if you will, level of detail an aggregate of events can be nice though.

    I hope down the road Microsoft allows increased app functionality with the OS like that, perhaps extended manipulation of a Live tile, or if they ever do add a notification center.

    I got that too, my point is that with the live tile once you jump in you still can prioritize who you want to talk to or who you want to ignore. Anyways, my bigger point is that perhaps maybe developers should be finding ways to apply the Live Tile design to their apps even if they might hate doing a bit of extra work such as allowing you in Whatsapp to say, "only show my best friend's texts on the Live Tile" and that that maybe that should be the source of frustration vs. blaming the OS.

    The OS is what it is for now.
  23. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
       #48  
    I think Live Tiles are too constrained, to be honest. I read through the overview in the WPG Magazine, and still only three layouts. A notification centre is really not a huge deal breaker for myself, since I don't use a vast array of services. I'd probably just squeeze in to the 5 quick status icons for the lock screen.

    Windows Phone 8 doesn't look to be very bad at all. Most of my reservations are still just minor annoyances, none have really pushed me to want to jump ship. Right now the only problem is that I'd really like an upgrade - Gen 1 WP7 really isn't that fast in third-party apps and 8GB of storage is pretty painful - and WP8 devices are going to launch at flagship devices. If only there was a $400 unlocked WP8 :]

    I share the opinion of SuddenlyDinosaur that Me tile notifications are nice enough to receive a home screen spot. Just open it up to developers too, for WP8.5 or WP9.
  24. GT2010's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    New features are nice. They reel people in. I hear SmartGlass is nice, Lenses are awesome and Wallet could be game changing. But once the smell of fresh paint wears off, everyone will notice the tiny, nagging problems and imperfections. And they add up. You retain your users not only by adding new features to keep them engaged, but by improving existing ones to keep them happy.

    Below is a compilation of problems and suggestions for Windows Phone that have not been addressed or implemented in its latest iteration, as well as any flaws identified in the new operating system. Please post anything you can come up with so I can add them in, and also let me know if you feel a point is invalid.

    BASICS
    Preset-oriented alarm management - far too many apps now force presets on a user. Life isn't strictly routine. Sometimes an alarm is needed once-off, and the user shouldn't have to go through a multi-field input screen to do this.
    No custom alert sounds - cannot use custom sounds for receiving email, sms, etc.
    [s]Arbitrary custom ringtone restrictions - custom ringtones must be tagged as a ringtone, cut to a certain length and compressed to a certain size.[/s]
    Windows Phone 8 allows for seemingly any audio file to be added to the device as a ringtone easily through the Windows Phone app. Via Mystictrust
    No on-device ringtone management - existing music files on the device cannot be set to be used as a ringtone if not synced across as so.
    Centralised volume control - there is only one volume setting for music playback, app volume and ringer volume. At the very least, there should be an option to separate the ringer volume.
    No persistent WiFi - WiFi disconnects when the device is off and not charging. Tests have already proven that WiFi does not significantly drain the battery if left on, so this is an arbitrary restriction.
    Inconsistent landscape behaviour - only select screens seem to support the landscape orientation and many third party apps do not have an animation for the screen rotation.
    No system-wide orientation lock
    No easily accessible connectivity toggles - it is difficult to quickly toggle WiFi, mobile data, etc. This could be solved by a dropdown from the status bar or by allowing individual settings to be pinned as Live Tiles.
    Confusing settings page - settings are not in any sort of order.
    Lacking integration - integration with Facebook, Twitter, etc. should be fleshed out and should be expanded to more services.
    Few brightness options - brightness is limited to three levels, and on AMOLED devices the "low" setting is still far too bright.

    CALENDAR
    No week view - agenda view can be confusing to navigate and a structured week view is not available.
    Barebones month view - month view does not provide any useful information about scheduled tasks and appointments.
    Awful appointment scheduler - scheduling an appointment is a horrible multi-step procedure that requires swiping, tapping and keyboard input, especially when a custom timeframe has to be defined. It would be preferable if the process can be done entirely through keyboard input.
    Windows Phone 8's new SaveAppointmentTask launcher allows developers to create such an app, but nothing yet. Via Windows Phone Geek
    Weak Live Tile - only displays one appointment on the Live Tile.

    CAMERA
    Most options hard to access - you have to wade through a menu to access settings such as ISO. An advanced mode would be welcome here so those who know what they are doing can fiddle with settings on-the-go.

    EMAIL
    No select all - you cannot easily select all emails in any particular view / folder.
    So-so Gmail support - generally poor support for Gmail's folder structure and labels.
    No "always download images" option - images must be manually downloaded on a per-email basis, regardless of the sender. There can also be an option to only allow automatic image download on WiFi.
    Inconsistent navigation hierarchy with folders - pressing back while in a custom folder will take the user back to the start screen instead of the email inbox.

    INTERNET EXPLORER
    Buried desktop/mobile switching - annoying to switch between desktop and mobile views. This should preferably be offered on a per-site basis, which will help aid problems where particular sites incorrectly send mobile IE to a WAP version.
    No speed dial - a blank new tab page is an incredible waste of space. It would be nice to have some favourites displayed, or addresses you navigate to often.
    Lacking visible controls - Microsoft insists that having only one bar of controls is an advantage. It isn't. Just about every other browser allows for quick access to a favourites list, tab switching, address bar, navigation buttons and stop/reload in one tap or gesture. It's an unnecessary limitation and if Microsoft desires a more full-screen web, it should just add a full-screen mode.
    No text reflow - no option to reflow text based on the width of the screen, particularly helpful for sites with fixed content frames built for the desktop.
    Blank tabs should be removed - there are often blank tabs left open, for example when the browser is used to open a YouTube link. They serve no purpose and should just be closed when not active.
    Cannot open links in background tab

    KEYBOARD
    No gesture typing - Swype is a great option to have.

    OFFICE
    Insistent OneNote syncing - OneNote will hold up other tasks by insisting on syncing notes when you exit them, which can be extremely slow in areas of poor coverage.
    [s]No local syncing - Office files cannot be synced between PC and phone, only through SkyDrive.[/s]
    Windows Phone 8 brings drag and drop file management for documents, music, pictures, ringtones and video. Via WinSuperSite

    MESSAGING
    No multiselect - cannot select multiple threads or messages.

    MUSIC+VIDEOS
    No scrubbing in the audio playback view - cannot move to a particular section in an audio file. This might not be a huge deal for music, but is extremely annoying for podcasts.
    No global podcast support - podcasts cannot be managed on the device in many regions. They must be downloaded from a PC and synced across to the phone.
    Cannot cancel audio playback - audio controls cannot be removed from the volume drop-down without the use of a third party app like Stop The Music!
    No link from Now Playing screen to Music hub
    Cannot clear history in Music hub

    MULTITASKING
    Allow forced multitasking - Windows Phone is already capable of forcing apps to adopt "fast app switching", but it is not made available as a user option. This can be included in a developer or advanced settings screen, alongside forced "fast resume".
    [s]Apps relaunch instead of resuming - apps relaunch when opened from the application list or from a tile. They should resume per standard practice on smartphones.[/s]
    This is an option for developers to implement in Windows Phone 8. Via Mystictrust
    Task switcher is inefficient - task switcher cannot even fit two apps on the screen at once, which limits its usefulness as a true multitasking tool.

    NOTIFICATIONS
    No toast notification aggregator - once toasts are missed, they are gone forever. If a notification centre is out of the question, toasts should at least be collected in one place.
    Lock screen limited in notification count - maximum of five quick status apps and one detailed status apps. This could be made scrollable.

    PHONE
    No speed dial - cannot quickly dial favourite contacts using speed dial.
    No predictive dialing - dialer does not display possible matches stored in contacts.

    SEARCH
    No universal search - search is limited to web searches and searching other content requires you to jump into individual apps with inconsistent placement of the search button.

    Dude there's still alot of improvemnets options to add ;)
    WE NEED MORE MICROSOFT :D :D :D
    but stil GO WINDOWS PHONE 8
    :P
  25. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #50  
    Examples of the missing functionality that I need.

    - Separate volume controls for apps/ringtones
    - Merge calls in call log under same contact
    - Orientation lock
    - Password support for the IE10
    - Forward button for the IE10
    - Text reflow for the IE10 so it automatically adjusts and reformats text for easy readability
    - Ability to have at least two browser control buttons
    - Settings are not alphabetized, making them sort of confusing
    - Finger seek in the music player
    - Automatic sleepd mode (especially since you added Skype, which is on 24/7), so we won't be bothered by notifications at night
    - Notification history / center or whatever you call it
    - Black background when reading email, not just email list

    You can vote for it here

    WP 8.5 should be the Jellybean of the Windows Phone

    I am blown away by blind WP fanboys these days, every suggestion is now trolling, fud or "you don't get WP".
    fifthGear and AngryNil like this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions