07-23-2013 12:31 AM
- I'm not sure if it's been addressed, but what about gapless album playback? And how about putting the FM radio back?
Definitely need forward/back buttons in IE as well. What a pain it is to not have such simple functionality...
Last edited by Niavlys77; 11-01-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Addition to list11-01-2012 10:25 AM
- There are 2 big omissions that IMO should be added to the list.
VPN Support: if you want to get businesses on board then you need this. Really surprised that it's not in WP8
Maps: get rid of the ****ing ridiculous limitation where you need to tap to get the next direction. It's been 2 years and counting. Come on MS. No excuses for something this dumb.
Last edited by thed; 11-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.11-01-2012 11:04 AM
- Hey, anybody know what happened to AngryNil? Miss that guy!
To those I would add:
Zune Pass, video rentals, Audio recognition, Bing cards and Local Scout - These services are still far too restricted to specific countries. Customers without these services feel betrayed, as they payed the same price as elsewhere and got less for it. These services need to be available wherever WP devices are sold.
Keyboard numbers row - These days, many websites mandate the use of numbers in passwords. This is even more true in corporate settings. The default keyboard makes this cumbersome. The addition of an extra top row of numerals would solve the problem. The inclusion of that row may be optional, but it should always be visible when entering data into a password field.
Last edited by a5cent; 11-01-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Changed my response to WiFi ability.11-01-2012 11:23 AM
- Keyboard numbers row - These days, many websites mandate the use of numbers in passwords. This is even more true in corporate settings. The default keyboard makes this cumbersome. The addition of an extra top row of numerals would solve the problem. The inclusion of that row may be optional, but it should always be visible when entering data into a password field.11-01-2012 11:30 AM
Anyway, I forgot to link to Jim's article... corrected that in the above post.11-01-2012 06:12 PM
- Adding in the new suggestions.take a look at Jim's article (I found it a very interesting read) and also the comments. If "Joker" is correct, WP8 might already be constantly connected. You might want to check up on that. I have no idea if it is accurate.
Last edited by irlju; 11-01-2012 at 08:04 PM.11-01-2012 07:46 PM
- Since it's clear MSFT ran out of time to add most requested features and fixes, I think we should keep this post updated.
I saw a post about gapless music playback, despite I never had issues with music playback apparently it's a major feature to some people so I think it's a good addition to the list.
This post is also great for new windows phone users who frequently ask about improvements mentioned.11-01-2012 08:19 PM
- 11-02-2012 07:23 AM
- 11-02-2012 08:03 PM
- Notificationcenter mentioned at BUILD!
Skip to 2:45...
In WP8 Live Tiles will now no longer expire after 2 weeks - YouTube!11-04-2012 08:17 AM
See joe's response... WiFi on.11-11-2012 04:27 AM
- 11-11-2012 05:17 AM
- These shouldn't be incredibly hard coding that is beyond Microsoft's capability:
- Separate volume controls for apps/ringtones (every other platform including dumbphones, and Windows Mobile had this)
- Ability to have at least two browser control buttons for IE
- Numbers row on Keyboard for IE
- Open in Background Tab for IE
- Speed Dial for IE (heck, the entire Windows Phone Start Screen layout (And Windows 8) is a Speed Dial!)11-11-2012 10:31 AM
- Nice list. Now than WP8 is out, MS needs to looks at the top 10 things users want (ie custom volume controls) as well as going through each existing hardwired app/function and makes lists on what can be improved/updated/enhanced. Things like Calendar, email, volume, brightness.
There's no excuse why we shouldn't see many significant improvements/enhancements on the next update which hopefully isn't going to take a year or more to roll out.11-11-2012 01:47 PM
- For the browser, why can't they have a hidden bar on the top, that comes down if you swype down from the top of your screen?
They really have retarded IE as a browser. Its just way too basic and should easily offer more. This is why I wish they'd just let a 3rd party dev be able to create a browser not forced to be built off of IE. Could say the same for email. Touchdown for Android was an excellent email app as was Dolphin HD as a browser, both 3rd party and top notch11-11-2012 01:51 PM
- You can scrub music that is playing by pressing and holding the next track button.
You can multi-select texts and emails by pressing at the very left edge of the screen for one of the items. A check box will appear and you can check each item you want.
Last edited by wpcautobot; 11-11-2012 at 02:07 PM.11-11-2012 01:58 PM
- You need to put WiFi Sync at the top of that list in big, bold font. It's by far the biggest gap in the product considering it existed in WP7/Zune.
Also, Podcast support in XBox Music and auto-playlists. I guess that could be called a Win8 issue, but since it limits WP8 functionality it's worth noting.11-11-2012 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD