How did Verizon beat AT&T on Data Sense availability?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Data Sense will be on Verizon when they launch their WP8 devices on November. AT&T and T-Mobile will get it on 2013. How did Verizon pull this off? I thought AT&T was the "premier partner"? I guess that only applies to hardware, huh?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Good question, was wondering that watching the launch yesterday. Throwing them a bone over the 920 thing? Maybe their network is more ready for it depending on what's involved with making it work?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Aww, I thought Data Sense was something that would be available immediately in all the phones. Oh well, if I get the Lumia 810, I'll be able to monitor my data and usage in general easily thanks to a feature they include in all their phones.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Data Sense will be on Verizon when they launch their WP8 devices on November. AT&T and T-Mobile will get it on 2013. How did Verizon pull this off? I thought AT&T was the "premier partner"? I guess that only applies to hardware, huh?

It will probably be on AT&T within a few months. Not really seeing the big deal. Verizon probably just put a team together to get it to work with their network the soonest.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How does that benefit AT&T? It is in AT&T's interest if consumers exceed monthly allowances and have to pay overage charges. It does not surprise me that a carrier is in no rush to add a feature that prevents making more money.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
AT&T claims the limits aren't to make money, but to preserve rare and precious spectrum! You mean you're skeptical?!? ;)

Of course I'm skeptical. AT&T also instituted bandwidth caps on its DSL plans. DSL does not share any bandwidth with other customers the way cable Internet does; therefore, bandwidth caps on DSL serve no purpose other than making more money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism