Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mystictrust

WP8 apps can resume from the start screen or app list now... only catch is that the app has to be updated for this to work. It's an easy upgrade, but still - would be nice if this were also a feature in 7.8.

Windows Phone 8 introduces the ability for apps to request that user actions that would typically relaunch the app, such as tapping the apps Start Tile, instead resume the suspended instance of the suspended app instance, if one exists. This feature is called Fast Resume.
    Fast app resume
    1jaxstate1 and AngryNil like this.
    Wasn't this documented for WP7.5 as well but never did resume from the start?

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    YESSS!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Great news.

Thanked by:
    ^^ I like what I see. Only if devs implement these changes quicker than what they did with Mango!

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    This is huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Wasn't this documented for WP7.5 as well but never did resume from the start?
    Documented was fast app switching. "Fast resume" was always handled during compilation of the app, so developers had no control over that (they could go modify the XAP when it was done, but I doubt that would have been accepted into the Marketplace).