Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Disappointed, I'm planning of switching to Android until the next wave of devices.
    Dude! Don't do it, I had to use an android phone (HTC amaze) for a month while my WP was in warranty repair twice in a row!! Felt like whipping a stubborn donkey to do anything on that phone. When I got my WP7 back I felt FREEEEEE!:P

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Initially I was excited about WP8 and I even put in a reservation on Rogers for the Lumia 920. Then I began to look more closely at WP8 and I discovered missing features that are standard in the newer Android and iOS releases such as far superior voice support and a non-crippled browser (IE10 often gets served basic HTML versions of web sites). WP8 seems to be very locked down and the UI and apps are missing obvious settings/options. Based on how little the UI has evolved since WP7 I'm not holding out hope that my concerns will be addressed in the next release.

I recognize that WP8 may fulfill many people's needs perfectly, but the whole experience reminds me too much of the iPhone where you either do it Apple's way or not at all. This time it's Microsoft who's "crafting" my smartphone experience.

I cancelled my Lumia 920 preorder and I'll be picking up a Nexus 4 when it comes out. Competition and innovation is a good thing for everyone and I wish Microsoft success. If WP continues to improve I might end up switching back.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear lx View Post
    i personally am not that impressed with windows phone 8... sure it looks great, and there are some great improvements... but being that it is a 3 year old OS now, i still feel app selection is way too small, marketshare is not growing very fast, and its just not taking off like i expected it to. it seems as if MS is in a constant transtioning phase, and people are always waiting for the next update.

with all the silence, i honestly expected more? what was the big secret? kids corner?

plus the surface isnt getting great reviews either... hardware is lovely but the software seems buggy.

i think i am going to pass on the 1st generation of windows phone 8 devices.... it still needs to mature... so i for one am a little depressed :blush:
    I am super impressed by the software so far as I can see, but the hardware has been lack luster. On one end we have the 920 that has like 4~ revolutionary features (physical lens stabilization, NFC, wireless charging, sensitive touch screen) but only comes in one monster size. On the other end, we have samsaung and HTC which put out OK hardware but their hardware simply weighs more and is not as compact as the golden standard of modern phones; it already seems outdated.

It seems like there is 1 hardware maker missing: the one that was going to make a compact windows 8 phone to be used by people who need a tool for directions, texting, talking, etc but do not need to watch movies or whatever on their phones.

I wish that Nokia would have made 2 Lumias: the 920 and also a very small compact lumia that did not have all the extra features but instead was very compact (lighter/smaller than apples) and maybe had 1 feature of the 4, like just the camera stabilization and thats it.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I may have to take my own advice. Making opinions is fine, buy now he's just making statements just to get a rise out of people.
    Pretty much. Some days i give him the attention that he thirsts for, but most days I don't notice him

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234