no sim free 920?

Dutchpiet

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Nokia must have lost the plot, 920 exclusive to one network, and no sim free,
all locked to EE? Would have liked 920 but must be sim free, so will check 820 out,
or HTC-Samsung phones,

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No, no, no. This is a brilliant strategy and Nokia is moving from strength to strength!

Giving customers what they want, when they want it, is a bad idea. :p

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I bet they confirmed with an article that SIM Free Lumia 920 will be available by P4U. Plus expansys might do them too! Also, unlock centres in the UK are like at every other corner, won't be hard to get it done with a tenner.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Right. More info.

It seems that sim free and locked to EE 920's will work on EE, T Mobile and Orange. Thinking about it all TMo and Orange phones now have the EE logo on their screens where signal is so this makes sense. Phones 4 u are now saying this too on their twitter feed.

However, it appears That Orange and TMo are not selling them directly (at least not yet) Perhaps so they don't breach the exclusivity to EE though technically it is kind of breached with their network structure being combined yet other networks are locked out.

EE is declaring that TMo and Orange are NOT part of the exclusivity deal but there is no way for them to network lock TMo and Orange users out without shutting down the whole EE service. The 3G/2g of TMo and Orange is what they fall back on when not in a 4G signal area., right?

It is all a bit mad and perhaps a little sneaky on EE's part.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I am just going on what I have read tonight and thinking about it, it does make sense.

In some ways it is good because it gives a wider customer base but I get the feeling that EE isn't going to publicly state this.

Twitter feed of phones 4 u , note that Nokia UK joined in -

L111

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
EE is declaring that TMo and Orange are NOT part of the exclusivity deal but there is no way for them to network lock TMo and Orange users out without shutting down the whole EE service. The 3G/2g of TMo and Orange is what they fall back on when not in a 4G signal area., right?

Are you sure about this? I thought the unlock was based on the network code on the sim card.. Which will be different between T-Mobile/Orange/EE.. Similar to how Tesco mobile use o2's signal but their sims wont work in a locked o2 phone..

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm going on what I've read, that has been posted by EE, Nokia UK and phones 4 u on twitter. I posted a pic of phones 4 u twitter feed,why would they say that if it wasn't true?

I am mindful though that this is just twitter, there hasn't been any official confirmation that I am aware of.

Only way to be absolutely certain is confirmation from an Orange or TM user with their sim working in a unit bought sim free from phones 4 u.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos