Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shinygerbil View Post
    Well, all except for one niggle..........WP8 KEYBOARD Y U NO CAPITALISE MY 'I' EVER EVER?! I'm fed up with typing an i and having it not capitalised. In fact, in that last sentence (and this one too) i had to go back and force the i to be lowercase because IE10 in W8 autocapitalises it. MICROSOFT, NO! I AM A PERSON WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO USE CORRECT GRAMMAR ON OCCASION. DON'T PUNISH ME
    I'd suspect that perhaps you may have (by accident) tapped the add button with a lower case i, and now it has that i in its dictionary. Mine capitalizes the I no problems. Try going into Settings | Keyboard, tap the advanced button, and the reset suggestions button, and see if that fixes your problem.

Global Posts
    1,617 Global Posts
    That's a rad looking keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I'd suspect that perhaps you may have (by accident) tapped the add button with a lower case i, and now it has that i in its dictionary. Mine capitalizes the I no problems. Try going into Settings | Keyboard, tap the advanced button, and the reset suggestions button, and see if that fixes your problem.
    Ah, i did wonder if i was the only one, as I'd expect to have seen more people complaining. I already did a factory reset a week after I got the phone, but i don't see the harm in resetting my suggestions - i haven't got that many.

Slightly related: It's really creepy when you just start using the Wordflow and it just works. And it's really REALLY CREEPY when you start using the Wordflow and it autofills an entire sentence you used in a text message or email recently. 😲
    Slightly related: It's really creepy when you just start using the Wordflow and it just works. And it's really REALLY CREEPY when you start using the Wordflow and it autofills an entire sentence you used in a text message or email recently. 
    Hmmm......... This must be a new feature.... I haven't seen this behavior yet. Did you have to do anything special? I'll have to watch for it.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Nope! Just used the phone as normal. I do have the "send data to MS" option on though.

There are some weird Wordflow suggestions though.

Her husband hanged himself TV shock for the only thing that is not a matter of the only thing that is not a matter

All I did there was type "her". Wordflow did the rest 😲 and no, I've never typed anything like that 😝

I really like wordflow. Especially when i use the phone one handed. But sometimes i just type crazy fast and not looking at the words. In standard short message i have to correct 1 or 2 words afterwards.
    Typing faster than on my qwerty e63 now. Still the accuracy of physical buttons is better.
    Nope! Just used the phone as normal. I do have the "send data to MS" option on though.

There are some weird Wordflow suggestions though.

Her husband hanged himself TV shock for the only thing that is not a matter of the only thing that is not a matter

All I did there was type "her". Wordflow did the rest  and no, I've never typed anything like that 
    Hmmm....... Mine doesn't do that. Do you have to turn anything on? I just tried it in a text.....
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Are you on WP7 or WP8?

Everything should be on by default - go to Settings -> Keyboard -> tap on the keyboard language -> make sure the relevant options are enabled. There should be one for "suggest text" which i assume is Wordflow. (Which it now automatically capitalises after I used it in that previous post, and didn't add it to dictionary - Damn, it's good!)
    the wp keyboard is pretty much my favorite keyboard second only to swype, which i miss, though not as much as i'd thought. FAR superior IMO to android & iOS
    The windows phone keyboard is great!, it reminds me of typing on my 7105t, 8100 and 8120 blackberry. It just fixes the word if I mistype, about 90% of the time it is correct.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    One of the majors reasons I jumped ship from Android to WP7 was the nice keyboard. I haven't tried WP8 (WordFlow) yet but I hope it works as well as SwiftKey in Android. That's the only thing I miss in terms of keyboard, the ability to learn and predict what words you are likely to type next. But in terms of letter by letter typing, WP keyboard > the rest!

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    I will say one thing...
    I just did some typing with both thumbs and it was very good.
    I made all kinds of errors, but it fixed most of them.
    Normally, I just use my left thumb.
    I'm not crazy about the keyboard, that way, but two handed is quite good.
    Sent from my Verizon HTC 8X using Board Express

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Strange.

The keyboard is actually one of the places I think WP is undoubtedly ahead of Android in.

Swiftkey is the best by miles, then IOS by a hair over windows phone. Although it might just be the 8x screen being skinny or me getting used to it.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    My fiancee has an Android phone and she loves Swype. When I use her phone, I just tap the letters like I normally would on my Lumia. The results are decent.

I also have an iPod Touch that I use sometimes. Typing is an absolute breeze, and rarely do I make mistakes.

Typing on my Lumia 920 is a mixed bag. In landscape mode, I can type very quickly without mistakes, but in portrait mode I make frequent mistakes. Mistakes that I don't make using the iPod Touch, which is in portrait mode and has a much smaller screen, or using the HTC Evo 4G LTE, which has a similar-sized screen to the 920.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilR8 View Post
    My fiancee has an Android phone and she loves Swype. When I use her phone, I just tap the letters like I normally would on my Lumia. The results are decent.

I also have an iPod Touch that I use sometimes. Typing is an absolute breeze, and rarely do I make mistakes.

Typing on my Lumia 920 is a mixed bag. In landscape mode, I can type very quickly without mistakes, but in portrait mode I make frequent mistakes. Mistakes that I don't make using the iPod Touch, which is in portrait mode and has a much smaller screen, or using the HTC Evo 4G LTE, which has a similar-sized screen to the 920.
    It's because you're so used to apples clunky keyboard. I've had PDA's since the first palm pilots so I have used all kinds of on-screen and hardware keyboards. I was disappointed in giving up my hardware keyboard for a nicer looking phone but in the end I learned how to type just as good if not better with onscreen. In fact the best onscreen I have ever used has been windows phone. Never have I made so little typing mistakes once I got used to the new device and if I do make a mistake, it's like the WP knows exactly what word I was trying to type.

I'm not a fanboy, or wasn't until now, but that iPhone keyboard makes me cringe and I'm so glad to never have to use it again.

Takes a minute to adjust, Phil. when I went from a Samsung focus to the lumia 900, I had to re-wire my brain to the bigger keyboard even tho it's the same exact OS. But after that happens then it's the best typing experience to be had.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I just want a slightly bigger space bar so I don't hit '.' as often.
    Thanked by:
    Big Supes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brianLTE View Post
    I just want a slightly bigger space bar so I don't hit '.' as often.
    I hit b or v more than space.
    Banned

Windows Phone keyboard depends heavily on auto correct, and it does the best out of all the OS out there. Problem is when apps doesn't support auto correct such as searching in Bing. Where iPhone really excels at is in the landscape mode when typing.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post
    I'm completely opposite. I can't stand typing on the iPhone, more typo's than I care to count, and don't get me started on its auto-correct.
    My wife complains all the time about the auto correct changing a correctly spelled word to what the phone wants it to be. Hum, I don't seem to have that problem. ��

PM me for more details

I normally hate querty keyboards (like the good ol' fashion number pad wherein you have to type the key a couple of times to get the letters), even having my android and an ipod touch for almost a year, still haven't gotten used to them...Miraculously, WP does the trick. I had less mistakes and was a little quicker in typing compared to android's or IOS's

Not allowing third party keyboards is asinine. I just got an Android for a company phone and using a swype keyboard and I am reminded how great it was to have.
    Far too many limitations set in this OS. There is no harm in allowing third party keyboards. Maybe MS is just afraid of getting embarrassed because devs would give us options that blow MS apps away. Things like browsers, email, and keyboards can all be done better by third party devs.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Lumia 900 is still 7.8 not 8
    the keyboard is far less intelligent in wp7 than 8 I have found. WP8 one just autocorrects way better, and its honestly the best software keyboard I have ever used over anything on android or on iOS

I actually believe that typing on windows phone is much easier. I dont even have to look at my hands to type. Having uses Android for 3 years before, the android keyboard is awful. And from my experience, the iPhone has the worst keyboard. Most of the texts I get from my friends that own iPhones are full of typos. Talk about a narrow keyboard! Microsoft has put alot of research into creating this keyboard. Im sure you can look up the video that WPCentral put up from the team that built the keyboard. It really goes into the psychology that went into it.

Weird, I love the keyboard. I like it better than on my iPhone 4. The predictive text is awesome!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast