WP 8.5, what do you want?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait for WP8 to come out and use it for a while before I start worrying about what I want on 8.5

I think we'll see updates throughout the year which will probably address many of the most common requests if they haven't already been handled in the first WP8 release.

I will never understand what the deal is with the "always on" Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi stays on if you're using an app that needs it, like streaming radio. Why the **** do people want it to stay on and suck up battery when the phone is asleep. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Generally I think the people who want 10,000 different controls and be able to tweak everything and crave feature creep should just STFU and buy Android phones already.

Dutchy-

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I will never understand what the deal is with the "always on" Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi stays on if you're using an app that needs it, like streaming radio. Why the **** do people want it to stay on and suck up battery when the phone is asleep. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Since you won't get incoming messages from whatsapp or other messaging services if your WiFi is shut down and you don't have a data plan

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait for WP8 to come out and use it for a while before I start worrying about what I want on 8.5

I think we'll see updates throughout the year which will probably address many of the most common requests if they haven't already been handled in the first WP8 release.

Generally I think the people who want 10,000 different controls and be able to tweak everything and crave feature creep should just STFU and buy Android phones already.
Persistent wifi can actually save battery power. Check out these articles, written by the guy known as jimski on these forums:
The Truth About Windows Phone Persistent WiFi - Mobility Digest
Why did Microsoft cripple WiFi? - Mobility Digest

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Clearly you never used your Windows Phone w/o a data plan. Here in Brazil 3G sucks a lot and is very expensive, often I find myself w/o credits (mostly people here have prepaid plans) and my smartphone becomes useless because I can't receive instant messages and emails even at home with WiFi always accessible.
WiFi always on also save battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans