Can you attach any file type to an email?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I heard we can use WP8 phones as USB storage for any file type.

How about with email. Can we also now attach any file from our storage folder to an email? Can we save any file type in an email to our phone? Please say yes.

I will not pay for tethering so it will be unavailable to me. Often times, for work, I am in areas with no wifi, but its helpful to be able to email or receive emails through my 3G signal. I was able to do it with Android, but havent been with WP7.

Im guessing WP8 will still be locked down and there will still be no third party email apps? I really liked Touchdown email for Android. It was an excellent email app. Would love to see something similar on WP8, but im guessing MS will never allow that.

ramrandhawa

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I heard we can use WP8 phones as USB storage for any file type.

How about with email. Can we also now attach any file from our storage folder to an email? Can we save any file type in an email to our phone? Please say yes.

I will not pay for tethering so it will be unavailable to me. Often times, for work, I am in areas with no wifi, but its helpful to be able to email or receive emails through my 3G signal. I was able to do it with Android, but havent been with WP7.

Im guessing WP8 will still be locked down and there will still be no third party email apps? I really liked Touchdown email for Android. It was an excellent email app. Would love to see something similar on WP8, but im guessing MS will never allow that.
does not appear so . . . pictures only -- don't know about third party e-mail clients

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I know you can attach : photo, any office doc and any pdf to email.

There is not access to storage folder. It is a sandboxed system. So it's all stored in respective hubs.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I know you can attach : photo, any office doc and any pdf to email.

There is not access to storage folder. It is a sandboxed system. So it's all stored in respective hubs.

Rather unfortunate. I do really enjoy the WP OS, but it seems too locked down. I really wish theyd open it up a bit more, and if they arent going to add a feature, at least allow more openness for third party apps to do what they refuse to do. This would benefit us users greatly.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It sort of prevents malware and piracy so far so good for end users and developers it is sort of working well. It is a good compromise so far between iOS and Android. I'm sure unlocks will follow and then all these additional super user features will be accessible like they are currently on WP7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb