Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Winterfang
  • 1 Post By VagrantWade
  • 1 Post By mlm1950
  • 1 Post By Winterfang
  • 1 Post By Villain

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts

Source: Nokia Lumia 920

The Lumia does pretty well in this and the review says the Camera is really good. Maybe there's some settings problems that people didn't figure out?
    Last edited by Winterfang; 11-01-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    It's been stated by many photophiles on here and the verge that the issue with the 920 pictures we have been seeing, have been with post processing the JPGs. Which would mean it's something software wise.

And since this thread is from Winterfang my mind is twisted and blown and I don't know what to believe anymore. Is this real life?
    txaggies07 likes this.

I don't see any problems with the 920 images. In fact all the pictures look decent except that dark iphone 5 photo of the container with tags.

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    I'd eat the 920 burger before I ate either of those other 2 colorless burgers.
    txaggies07 likes this.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    And since this thread is from Winterfang my mind is twisted and blown and I don't know what to believe anymore. Is this real life?
    +Eleventy Billion

Thanks for the comparison Winterfang.
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    Past Phones: iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, Nokia Lumia 900, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro, Nexus 7

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Did anyone notice that it's actually a 4S and not an iPhone 5? Lol, it says so on the bottom of the pictures.

Winterfang, fix the thread title plz?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

The 920 images look best to me in every regard except for sharpness, which for me personally is the most important aspect! I would agree with the other comments from people that this is a software issue, so I hope it can be fixed.

A wonderful solution would be to not do any additional post processing, and let me process my own photos. How great would it be to have access to the RAW files if you wanted it :(

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Did anyone notice that it's actually a 4S and not an iPhone 5? Lol, it says so on the bottom of the pictures.

Winterfang, fix the thread title plz?
    I can't edit tread tiles, we need a mods help.

This is a really weird comparison then. The Iphone 4S camera is great but is last years tech.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    You say iPhone 5 in the title, yet this pictures say 4S.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post

This is a really weird comparison then. The Iphone 4S camera is great but is last years tech.
    Pretty sure you just choose advanced editor to edit titles.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I didn't knew you could do that. So that's how Danny get away with his massive trolling of Blackberry fans.
    alpinestars1z likes this.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscookz View Post
    The 920 images look best to me in every regard except for sharpness, which for me personally is the most important aspect! I would agree with the other comments from people that this is a software issue, so I hope it can be fixed.

A wonderful solution would be to not do any additional post processing, and let me process my own photos. How great would it be to have access to the RAW files if you wanted it :(
    Would WP support that though? I feel like that would be a feature for the successor of the 808, whatever it is. I just hope it'll run WP instead of Symbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post

Yeah, how could they not have access to an iPhone 5?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    No idea, maybe they do another one. But how can you not have an Iphone?

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    the burger, the guy and the boat all look better with the 8X IMO... the 920 is throwing off way to much red's. The boat picture looking at the water is a clear sign as well.
    Smg-Uk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Yes, he just got upgraded from a "shill" to a "cunning shill" in my book.