Converting from non-WP8: Questions + WHICH PHONE?

andras5soul

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. HTC 8X or Lumia 920? I'd like to stay on T-Mobile ($50/month unlimited everything, no throttle, but I understand Lumia 920 won't work on it, so comparable plans will work)

2. HTC 8X storage is too low. Is there, or will there be FOR SURE, a GOOD app that let's me save my music on SkyDrive and let me stream it to the phone? (I am not willing to pay for XBOX Music. Both Google and Apple have free applications for this that are GREAT)

3. Are there great Sports apps for WP8? Will the HTC 8X ever get Watch ESPN or just a functional ESPN app?

I will buy either phone outright, off contract. I want music and sports functionality. I will not be subscribing to XBOX premium plans. I'm leaning towards HTC 8X because Lumia seems too big, but the 25% off price brings it to $450, which is really inviting!!

Any suggestions, opinions, helpful hints?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well Pandora is supposed to be a good streaming app that Microsoft announced on Monday it's coming to Windows Phone 8 if that's what you need? I've not used Pandora so I'm not entirely sure.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
There are a few threads up here that are showing that the Lumia 920 may work on T-Mobile after all. Browse around in the Lumia 920 section. :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
1. HTC 8X or Lumia 920? I'd like to stay on T-Mobile ($50/month unlimited everything, no throttle, but I understand Lumia 920 won't work on it, so comparable plans will work)

2. HTC 8X storage is too low. Is there, or will there be FOR SURE, a GOOD app that let's me save my music on SkyDrive and let me stream it to the phone? (I am not willing to pay for XBOX Music. Both Google and Apple have free applications for this that are GREAT)

3. Are there great Sports apps for WP8? Will the HTC 8X ever get Watch ESPN or just a functional ESPN app?

I will buy either phone outright, off contract. I want music and sports functionality. I will not be subscribing to XBOX premium plans. I'm leaning towards HTC 8X because Lumia seems too big, but the 25% off price brings it to $450, which is really inviting!!

On T-Mobile, I'd go with the 8X if you want the highest resolution, but the size is the same as the Lumia 920, it's just a little lighter. If the 920 is too big for you, the 8X probably is too.

Your other option would be the Lumia 810, which is what I'd get if I were on T-Mobile probably. It's nice and compact and it has a removable shell for adding stuff, swapping batteries, adding wireless charging. It also has an SD memory slot so you can expand the memory as much as you like so you don't need to worry about SkyDrive. The only downside of the 810 is that it only has the standard 800x480 resolution, not the HD resolution of the others.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

Well, is weight a factor?

It seems to be a deal breaker for many. You should ask whether it is for you. Then select. :)

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
There's an ESPN app.

Ive never used it cuz apparently you have to sign in to it? well the one time i tried using it asked for me to sign in.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
it signs you in so you can have access to the 'myteams' portion of ESPN.com. If you have an ESPN account just use that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster